Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

$50 Checking Account Bonus At Apple Federal Credit Union

Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 3:47 PMApple Federal Credit Union - Details
Update 10/10/12: The promotion has been extended.

It's not a lot, but it's an easy $50 for opening an Apple Federal Credit Union free checking account and making just one debit card purchase of at least $25. The offer is scheduled to end 11/30/2012, and the offer code is CHECK50. Details are listed in Apple FCU's promotions page. Below is the offer's small print:
To qualify, you must open a NEW Apple Checking and Check Card 10/01/2012-11/30/2012 and mention promotion code CHECK50. One point-of-sale transaction, totaling $25 or more, must be made using your Check Card (excludes ATM/PIN-based transactions) by 12/31/2012. Hit ‘credit,’ not ‘debit’ to qualify. $50 funding to Checking account is subject to a 60 day period following purchase pending verification. Offer not valid on Second Checking accounts, Checking accounts closed within the last 12 months or Business accounts. The $50 bonus will be reported as dividend income; any federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the member. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

Apple FCU does offer a free checking account with no monthly fees. Another nice thing about Apple FCU is that it belongs to three ATM networks which give members access to free ATMs nationwide. Also, it's a member of the shared branch network, CU Service Centers.

Finally, Apple FCU makes it easy to join via an association. I have more details in my last review of Apple FCU's CDs (its 10-year CD rate is still competitive). The cost to join probably doesn't make this checking account bonus a good deal, but if you're already a member due to its CDs, you may want to consider this checking account bonus.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,467 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 124,996
1. Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 3:34 PM
This promotion has been extended. It's now scheduled to last until November 30, 2012. I've updated the first post with the new dates and information. The promo is essentially the same as the one I wrote about in May.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,467 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 124,996