Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Has Anyone Purchased Extra I Bonds Using Their Tax Refunds?

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 - 4:51 PM
The only way to get paper savings bonds now is from your IRS tax refund. You can get up to $5,000 of I bonds this way. That's on top of the $10,000 annual purchase limit for electronic I bonds via TreasuryDirect. Nickel at the Five Cent Nickel blog describes his experience with overpaying his taxes and receiving the paper I bonds in the mail.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,634