Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Reporter Looking To Talk To Savers

Monday, July 9, 2012 - 3:11 PM
A reporter with a major national publication is looking to talk to savers who in the last six months or so have been able to get a higher CD rate by going to a credit union or smaller bank. The reporter is looking to talk to people who are willing to have their name used in the publication.

The reporter would like to interview you if in the last six months or so, you:
a) were able to get a higher CD rate from a credit union or local bank:
b) were able to get a good CD rate from a local bank in Iowa, Louisiana and Nebraska;
c) were able to negotiate a better CD rate from by citing the rates being offered by competitors in the local market; or
d) were able to get a better rate because you have an open and active checking account with the institution (or set up a checking account in order to qualify for the higher rate).

If you fall in this category and would like to talk to the reporter, you can either send me a private message (PM) or send me an email at ken at depositaccounts.com.  If you PM me, please include your email address. I will then forward your info to the reporter.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,473 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,800
1. Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 10:10 AM
I think that reporter would get more takers if he could just state "a female (or male) poster on DepositsOnline shared etc. etc.  I know they like actual names to verify information in many cases but I don't see why names need to be posted in the article unless they just go with first names and states.  It will be interesting to see if he gets any takers. I am sure we have many posters who have had what he is looking for but whether they agree to participate is another question.
paoli2paoli21,406 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,152
2. Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 6:37 AM
I did tell the reporter that most readers here do prefer to remain private. It appears the newspapers really want those interviewed to be quoted with their full name. My guess is that it's one of the ways to reduce the chance of fabricated stories like what happened at the New York Times with the infamous reporter Jayson Blair.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,473 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,800
3. Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 7:08 AM
Paoli2 Incognito: Bankdeals’ eponymous Broom-Hilda a.k.a. the reason they invented duct tape.
IvanIvan3 posts since
Jan 21, 2011
Rep Points: 7