Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

PNC's Cash Back Credit Card: 4% on Gas, 2% on Groceries

Sunday, February 7, 2010 - 7:51 AM
PNC Bank's Everyday Rewards Visa Credit Card has some nice cash back features: 1) Up to 4% for gas, 2) 3% on cinema and movie rentals and 3) 2% on groceries, resturants and fast food. Credit for the find goes to iBankDesign.

I still think PenFed's cash back credit card is a better deal.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,077
1. Monday, February 8, 2010 - 9:33 AM
This credit card is the same card that National City has offered for a few years. It is nice for seniors who travel and eat out a lot. I would suggest that both the husband and wife get one though because of the gas limits. Nice for truck drivers who eat out a lot. One drawback is having to wait for the earned $100 which is higher than other cards. The check comes attached to the bottom of the credit card statement and it is easily missed and filed away or shredded.

I like the Pentagon card which subtracts the 5% earned on gas from the bill and also I like the Chase card that gives me 3% off my phone, internet and cable or satellite, heating and electric, cable, cell phone etc. They have 15 categories and give a 3% credit on the top 5 categories used. We received $50 the first time used the card and if left until your total credits reach $200 (including the free $50) you will receive another $50 bonus, for a total of $250.

I have the amount due debited from our checking or savings accounts. No worry of lost statement or checks.
AnonymousAnonymous2,282 posts since
May 9, 2010
Rep Points: 3,922
2. Monday, February 8, 2010 - 10:42 AM
I still think the Schwab credit card is the best.  2% cash back on everything, no exceptions, and you get your rewards (whatever the amount) at the end of every month.  Of course if you do spend a lot of money for gas, something like this card makes more sense.
QuovatisQuovatis11 posts since
Feb 4, 2010
Rep Points: 63