Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Turning your tax refund into an I Bond may be a smooth move [USAToday]

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 9:59 PM
From USA Today
When you file your 2009 tax return, you can arrange to use all or a portion of your refund to buy inflation-adjusted Savings Bonds, or I Bonds.
It's nice to see the government is making it easy to buy I Bonds. Let's hope we see some decent I Bond fixed rates in the future.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,634
1. Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 3:07 PM
Not if your refund is over $5000. 


I've been eschewing I-Bonds ever since Treasury brilliantly decided to lower the annual electronic limit from $30K to $5K.
AnonymousAnonymous2,282 posts since
May 9, 2010
Rep Points: 3,951