Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Update on the $150 Checking Account Bonus at Harris Bank

Monday, February 8, 2010 - 6:41 PM
This promotion is very similar to the bonus I posted on in this November 2009 post. One change is that there's no more Dining Dough Certificate (not much of a loss). Hat tip to the commenter who mentioned this extension. I also saw it mentioned in this FW thread. One FW member noted that there's only a soft credit pull and not a hard.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,472 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,708
1. Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 10:04 PM
To those who are interested in this offer and think that this is nationally available.

I just received a call from a Harris rep. regarding my application online, telling me the bonus offer is limited to those states that Harris have branches in (i.e., Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin) or those who received a mailed invitation and ask if I would continue. I told her that I would drop the application (I live in New York). I also said that those above limitations were no where mentioned on the promotional page; and she just repeat that the offer is targeted only at certain marketing groups. Basically, she is not answering to my question directly.

The thing is many money saving websites (e.g., depositaccounts.com, fatwallets.com, etc.) continue to list this as nationally available which is not accurate. Felt like being tricked and time wasted.
AnonymousAnonymous2,282 posts since
May 9, 2010
Rep Points: 3,959