- 3.09% APY on balances up to $25,000
- Regular interest checking rate for portion of balance over $25,000
- Regular interest checking rate on entire balance if requirements are not met
- ATM fee refunds of up to $2 per transaction
- 10 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit
- 1 online bill pay
- Sign on to internet banking
- Receive E-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- First order of 60 checks is free
Branches are located in the California cities of Stockton, Antioch, Brentwood, Concord, Oakley, Discovery Bay, Lodi and Modesto.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1965 (FDIC Certificate # 19434).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
On the downside, BAC's reward checking rate is a little low and it has the additional requirement of online bill pay in addition to debit card usage and direct deposit. On the plus side, this is another reward checking option for those in parts of California. Compared to other states, California doesn't have many banks and credit unions offering reward checking accounts.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com. To learn more about reward checking, please refer to this reward checking overview.