- 4.34% APY on balances up to $35,000
- 1.26% APY on portion of balance over $35,000
- 0.10% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide up to $30 per cycle
- 10 check card point of sale transactions (excluding ATM transactions)
- 1 ACH per cycle (direct deposit or debit)
- Access online banking
- Receive e-Statements (with images)
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- First 50 checks free
Although an online application is available, a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Texas communities of Trenton, Bonham, Leonard, Melissa and Farmersville.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are average: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 6/30/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com based on 3/31/09 data.
The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 5558).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
Over 80 First National Banks (in many scattered Texas communities) exist, but only two openly offer reward checking - Trenton (above) and Giddings.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.