- 1.70% APY 5 month
- 2.09% APY 10 month
- 2.25% APY 15 month
- 2.35% APY 20 month
- $1,000 minimum to open
- Maximum deposit of $100,000
- Interest paid monthly
- Automatic transfers to outside bank of monthly interest available
- Online CD redemption form can be used to close CD
- 10-day grace period when a CD matures
- Early withdrawal penalties on the amount withdrawn: 90 days of interest for terms 12 months and under, 180 days for terms over 12 months
The bank also offers online checking, savings and money market accounts. Those rates are currently not as competitive as the CD rates. Refer to my Century Bank Direct review for more details about these accounts.
Century Bank Direct is a division of Century Bank of Kentucky which is FDIC insured (Certificate # 35450). It's a small bank with only 37 employees, $116.9 million in assets and $100.3 million in deposits based on 6/30/09 data.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are a little weak: 2 stars (problematic) at BauerFinancial and 2 stars (below peer group) at Bankrate.com. Both rates are based on 6/30/09 financial data.
Thanks to the reader who mentioned these CD rates in the Bank Deals hub page.
Other Competitive Certificate of Deposit Rates