- 3.00% APY on balances up to $30,000
- 1.00% on portion of balance over $30,000
- 0.20% base rate if requirements are not met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide of up to $20 per month
- 10 Visa check card purchases
- 1 ACH credit or debit
- Receive e-statements and maintain a valid email address
- No minimum balance requirements
- No monthly service fees
- Free Bill Payment
Branches are located in several cities in Central Pennsylvania. Some of the cities include Athens, Emporium, Williamsport, Port Allegany, Coudersport, Laporte and Knoxville.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are a little weak: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 9/30/09 data) and 2 stars (below peer group) at Bankrate.com (based on 6/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 7799). The bank is part of the holding company Citizens and North Corporation. First State Bank of New York is also a subsidiary of this holding company.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com. To learn more about reward checking, please refer to this reward checking overview.