Four banking divisions of BOKF, National Association (Colorado State Bank and Trust, Bank of Albuquerque, Bank of Oklahoma, and Bank of Texas) are offering a $150 bonus when opening a new personal checking account, now through December 31, 2017.
While the four separate banks are offering the $150 bonus, only one (Bank of Texas) has a promotion page (complete with coupon) on its website. But that promotion page/coupon is generic and works at any of the four banks listed above.
When I couldn’t find a checking bonus promotion page on Colorado State Bank and Trust’s website, I did a Live Chat to make sure the $150 bonus actually existed. CSR confirmed its availability and that while I would need a coupon, there wasn’t one listed on the website. She offered two solutions: 1) I could call (800) 346-5312 and the code would be added to my account setup, or 2) “Google is your friend!” I then had a conversation with a very helpful individual from BOKF’s Promotions Department, who told me about the generic coupon available on the Bank of Texas’ website.
- Open a new personal checking account in-branch now through December 31, 2017, with a minimum $50 opening deposit.
- Must present the promotion coupon or show it on a mobile device when opening the new account.
- Establish a recurring direct deposit (paycheck, pension, or Social Security) of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening, OR
- Have at least ten debit card transactions* of at least $10 within 60 days of account opening.
*We reserve the right to disqualify Debit Card transactions in
circumstances where we reasonably believe they were not made in good faith.
I could not get a straight answer about what that statement means. The best CSR could offer was “ten transactions of exactly $10 might be considered not in good faith”. Caveat emptor.
- Not available to existing checking account customers.
- Bonus not offered for Student or Employee Checking accounts.
- Limited to one bonus per household.
- The bonus will be credited within 10 days of the requirements are met, if the account is “open, active and in good standing.”
- If the account is closed within six month of opening, the bonus will be forfeited.
Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, BOKF, National Association is the 48th largest bank in the country, with assets in excess of $32.8 billion. In addition to the four banks mentioned above, there are three other banks (Bank of Arizona, Bank of Arkansas, and Mobank) under BOKF’s umbrella.
Colorado State Bank and Trust, Bank of Albuquerque, Bank of Oklahoma, and Bank of Texas all operate under BOKF, N.A.’s FDIC Certificate and share its financial history.
BOKF, N.A., has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 6.30% (excellent) based on March 31, 2017 data. In the past year, the Bank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $1.1 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 5.56%. Please refer to our financial overview of BOKF, N.A./Colorado State Bank and Trust, N.A. (FDIC Certificate # 4214) for more details.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for any of these checking bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.