Cornerstone Bank & Trust is offering a high-yield reward checking account called eVantage Checking. It offers the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.56% APY on the portion of your balance $30,000
- 1.26% APY on the portion of your balance above $30,000
- 0.35% APY base rate if requirements are not met
- Refundable ATM Fees up to $12.00 per cycle
Monthly requirements include:
- 10 debit card purchases
- 1 Direct Deposit or ACH Transaction or active online bill pay
- Access Online Banking
- Receive Electronic Statements (when available)
- Maintain a valid email address
Additional features of this account include:
- $200 minimum initial deposit
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance
- Free online Bill Pay
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the west Illinois cities of Alton, Carrollton and Jerseyville.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are average: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 9/30/09 financial data. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 15317).
Other High-Yield Reward Checking Accounts
The Cornerstone reward checking rate may not be the best, but the larger-than-average balance cap of $30K helps offset this.
Refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com to find reward checking accounts in your area or that are available around the nation.