|1.50*%||-||$25k||Douglas National Bank||Kasasa Cash|
|OTHER TIERS: 0.25% → $25k+|
Update 9/06/10: The top rate has fallen to 3.25% APY.
Douglas National Bank is offering a reward checking account called Free DNB Green. The account offers the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.25% APY on balances up to $35,000
- 1.01% APY on balances over $35,000
- 0.25% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunded nationwide without limit
Rates are listed at the bank's DNB Green more info page (.doc) as of 10/17/10. The monthly requirements include:
- 10 debit card purchases
- one direct deposit or automatic debit
- receive e-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $50 minimum opening balance
- no minimum balance requirements
- no monthly fees
- multiple accounts can be opened, but requirements must be met for each account.
It appears a branch visit is required to open an account. The bank is located in Douglas, Georgia.
The bank has been FDIC insured since 2001 (FDIC Certificate # 57230).
Thanks to the reader who emailed me news of this account.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 09/06/10: 3.25% APY
- 04/03/09: 4.01% APY
- 03/27/09: 5.01% APY up to $35K; 1.01% over; 0.25% base rate