- 5.01% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.00% on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.05% on all balances if requirements are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $15 per cycle
- 14 check card purchases (excludes PIN-based and ATM transactions)
- 1 or more ACH transaction per cycle
- Have online banking and receive e-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are above average: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 3/31/09 financial data.
Farmers & Merchants Bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 13046).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
Rate History: (early rate history constructed from bank notes newsletters)
Apr 2009: 5.01% APY up to $25K; count increased to 14 non-PIN purchases
Jan 2009: 5.11% APY up to $25K; 1.00% over; NOW account base rate; 10 non-PIN purchases