- 5.01% APY on balances up to $35,000
- 1.01% APY on balances over $35,000
- 0.15% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunds up to $25 per cycle
- 10 debit card purchases
- One direct deposit or automatic payment
- Receive e-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Free Online Bill Pay
Branches are located in the Kansas cities of Syracuse, Johnson and Garden City.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are fair: 3½ stars (good) at BauerFinancial (based on 6/30/09 data) and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com (based on 3/31/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 4779).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
Note the $35,000 cap. This is higher than any of the Kansas reward checking accounts that offer 5% or higher rates. Most reward checking accounts only pay the high interest on balances up to $25,000.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.