In the past, First Niagara has offered checking bonuses of $250 (both nationwide and restricted to their market area) and $100 (restricted to market area).
|0.01*%||-||-||First Niagara Bank (NY)||Pinnacle Checking|
|0.01*%||-||-||First Niagara Bank (NY)||PinnaclePlus Checking|
- Open a First Niagara Pinnacle or PinnaclePlus online, in-branch, or by phone by December 31, 2015.
- Have direct deposit(s) totaling $250 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Offer is only available to individuals who have not had any type of checking account with First Niagara within the previous 12 months.
- Bonus will be deposited into the account within 30 days from the end of the month in which the direct deposit requirements is completed.
- There is a $25 fee if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
- Account must be open and with a positive balance when bonus is deposited.
Pinnacle and PinnaclePlus Checking Monthly Fees
The Pinnacle Checking account $15 monthly fee can be waived if an average daily balance of at least $1K is maintained, OR a minimum combined $25K balance of deposits or loans (excluding mortgages).
The PinnaclePlus Checking account $25 monthly fee can be waived if an average daily balance of at least $5K is maintained, OR a minimum combined $50K balance of deposits or loans (excluding mortgages).
Headquartered in Buffalo, New York, First Niagara Bank’s market area includes Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania.
The $200 Pinnacle or PinnaclePlus checking account promotional bonus is available online, by phone (866-264-8146), or in-branch.
First Niagara has 389 branches, which are located in Connecticut (71), Massachusetts (9), New York (191), and Pennsylvania (118).
First Niagara Bank, (FDIC Certificate # 16004) has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 6.08% (excellent) based on September 30, 2015 data. In the past year, First Niagara Bank has increased its total deposits by $1.15 Billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 4.08%. Please refer to our financial overview of First Niagara Bank for more details.
First Niagara Bank was originally established in 1870 as the Lockport Savings Bank in Lockport, New York. (Lockport’s name comes from a set of Erie Canal locks within the city.) The Bank’s name was changed 130 years later, following an organization change. Today, First Niagara bank has assets in excess of $39 Billion and a market area including four eastern states.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for First Niagara Bank’s $200 checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.