Update 6/17/10: The top rate has dropped from 5.01% to 4.01% APY.
- 4.01% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.50% on all balances if requirements are not met
- ATM fees refunded nationwide without limit
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 Visa debit card purchases
- One ACH debit or credit transaction
- Receive e-Statements and maintain a valid email address
Additional features of the account include:
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No maintenance fee
- No minimum balance
- Free online Billpay
- First order of checks is free
There's an online application at the bank's micro-website. However, the application states that you're expected to come into a branch to complete the application process. Branches are located in Sandersville, Georgia.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are above average: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 financial data. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 2154).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
06/15/10: 4.01% APY up to $25K
10/19/09: 5.01% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.50% base