Jefferson County FCU is offering a reward checking account called Rewards Plus Checking. The account offers the following features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 4.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.25% APY on balances over $25,000
- 0.25% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fees refunded up to $15 per month
- 10 debit card purchases in an aggregate amount of greater than $250
- one direct deposit
- one ACH debit
- one bill payer transaction
- receive e-statements
- no minimum balance requirements
- no monthly fees
- free bill payer
- account is limited to one per member
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 19853).
Thanks to the reader who emailed me news of this account
Other Reward Checking Accounts
This reward checking account at Jefferson County is the first one that I've seen to require a minimum amount of purchases per month. For those who prefer to do most of their large purchases with a cash back credit card, this could be an issue.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
05/01/09: 4.00% APY up to $25K; 0.25% over; 0.25% base rate
03/16/09: 4.25% APY up to $50K; 0.50% over; 0.50% base rate