- 5.01% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.25% on all balances if requirements are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $25 per cycle and $5 per ATM transaction
- 10 Visa check card purchases (excludes ATM transactions)
- 1 direct deposit or automatic payment
- Enroll in online banking and receive e-statements
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Multiple accounts can be opened, but requirements must be met for each account to receive the top rate
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 financial data.
The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 307).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.