- 3.50% APY on balances up to $10,000
- 0.50% on portion of balance above $10,000
- 0.15% base rate if requirements are not met
- 12 debit card purchases
- One direct deposit or automatic withdrawal or one bill-pay transaction
- Regularly use the online banking service
- Receive e-statments and maintain a valid email address
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Free bill pay
- Only one account per member
- No more than 3 checks per month can be written
Membership is open to those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the Fairbanks-North Star Borough. Please refer to the membership page for the full details. Membership requires a $5 fee and a minimum balance of $10 in the share savings account.
Branches are located in Ft. Wainwright, Alaska.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 financial data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 8080).
Thanks to the reader who emailed me info on this reward checking account.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
The $10K cap is low for reward checking, but it's the only the second reward checking that I've seen in Alaska.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.