The $200 MyNorthwest Checking account bonus is actually two $100 bonuses, with the first $100 associated with direct deposit and the second $100 paid after the account has been opened for a year. The MyNorthwest Checking account has no minimum balance requirements and has no monthly service charge.
MyNorthwest Checking Bonus Requirements
- Within 6 months of Account opening, two ACH Direct Deposits of $200 or more must be deposited into the MyNorthwest checking account by an employer or other outside source.
- First $100 bonus will be posted within 14 calendar days of the second Direct Deposit.
- Second $100 bonus will be paid within 14 calendar days after the one-year anniversary of the MyNorthwest checking account being opened, if 1) the first bonus was paid, and 2) two Direct Deposits were received within two months prior to the one-year anniversary date.
- Customers who have had an open checking account within six months of opening a new MyNorthwest Checking account are not eligible for the bonus.
- Limit of one $200 bonus per account.
- Employees of Northwest Savings Bank and affiliates are not eligible for this promotion.
Headquartered in Warren, Pennsylvania, Northwest Savings Bank’s market area covers portions of Maryland, New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, stretching from the Lake Erie coastline, through western and central Pennsylvania, to the Baltimore area.
As stated on the online application,
All residents of the United States that are within the Northwest market area are welcome to apply for an account.
Northwest Savings Bank has an overall health grade of "B+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 8.59% (excellent), based on December 31, 2014 data. Northwest Savings Bank has an excellent capitalization level of 14.32%, a result of holding $7.8 Billion in assets, with $1.12 Billion in equity. Please refer to our financial overview of Northwest Savings Bank for more details.
Northwest Savings Bank (FDIC Certificate # 28178) was established in 1896 as the Northwest Mutual Savings Association. For 87 years, the Bank concentrated its market area in northwest Pennsylvania, but starting in 1983, began an aggressive expansion that led to the acquisition of 20 banks in 26 years. Today, Northwest Savings Bank is the 7th largest bank in Pennsylvania and was included in Forbes 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America (2009).
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for the Northwest Savings Bank’s checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.