Availability:Residents of 12 Northern California Counties and employees/retirees of PG&E
California’s Pacific Service Credit Union (Pacific Service CU) has two checking account promotions available through May 31, 2015: open a new Relationship Checking account and receive a $100 bonus, or open a new Free Checking account and receive a $50 bonus.
To qualify for the $100 Relationship Checking bonus:
- Open a new Relationship Checking account by May 31, 2015, using promo code CHECK100.
- Relationship Checking requires direct deposit or $25K in combined savings and loan balances.
To qualify for the $50 Free Checking bonus:
- Open a new Free Checking account by May 31, 2015, using promo code CHECK100.
- Members who have closed a Pacific Service CU checking account within the past 12 months are not eligible.
- Can be opened online or in person at any of six branch locations, using promo code CHECK100.
- Checking account must be in good standing with a minimum balance of $50 on May 31, 2015 to receive bonus.
- Bonus will be deposited by June 10, 2015.
- If checking account is closed within 90 days of opening, bonus will be rescinded.
- Opening multiple checking accounts, or an additional account for existing account holders do not qualify for the bonus.
- ATM fee reimbursement limited to $3 per transaction and $15 per month for Relationship Checking; no ATM fee reimbursement for Free Checking.
- Relationship Checking will incur a $10 monthly fee if direct deposit or $25K balance of combined savings and loan balance are not maintained.
Membership in Pacific Service Credit Union is primarily residency and employment based.
Residency - Individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in the northern California counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Marin, Napa, Placer, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano or Sonoma are eligible.
Employment - Individuals who are employees or retirees of PG&E Corporation and its domestic subsidiaries are eligible for membership.
Other - For a complete listing of other ways to qualify for Pacific Service CU membership, please refer to the About Membership page.
As mentioned earlier, joining Pacific Service CU and opening a checking account can be online or in person at any of six California branches, located in Concord, Fresno, Livermore, Pleasant Hill, San Francisco, and San Ramon. The promo code CHECK100 must be used to ensure the bonus will be earned.
Credit Union Overview
Pacific Service Credit Union has an overall health rating of "A" on DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 0.33% (excellent) based on December 31, 2014 data. Pacific Service CU has an excellent capitalization level of 13.26%, a result of holding $1.08 Billion in assets, with $143.81 Million in equity. Please refer to our financial overview of Pacific Service Credit Union for more details.
Established in 1936 by employees of the Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E), Pacific Service Credit Union's (NCUA Certificate #68413) original field of membership was limited to PG&E employees in the San Francisco Bay Area. A total of 23 members volunteered their time and talents to operate the fledgling credit union. The original maximum loan was $2K, with deposits limited to $1K. 80 years later, Pacific Service CU has over 57,000 members and assets in excess of $1.08 Billion.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Pacific Service Credit Union checking account bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I often post bonuses in the Bank Deals Forum.