|2.51*%||-||$10k||Plus4 Credit Union||Reward Checking|
|OTHER TIERS: 0.26% → $10k+|
- 3.50% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on the portion of the balance over $25,000
- 0.15% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds of up to $25
The monthly requirements include:
- 10 debit card purchases (signature-based)
- 1 direct deposit or ACH debit/credit
- Access online banking
- Receive e-Statements
Note, the above details (except for the rates) are not listed at the credit union's website as of 8/16/09. They're based on information from the credit union's service rep.
Membership is open to those who live, work, attend school or worship in parts of Houston. Plus4 used to be a postal employee credit union, so postal employees and retirees of several Southeast Texas counties are eligible to join. Please refer to their Membership page for the full details. Membership requires a minimum balance of $5 in a share account. Applications can be done by mail, in person or online.
Branches are located in Houston. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 61457).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 12/17/09: 3.50% APY up to $25K
- 08/16/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.15% base