American Express Bank, FSB. Reviews

Personal Saving Account

Posted by: PC | Sep 19, 2016

I have a personal savings account through American Express Bank, and I love every bit of it. There is actually no on site location. So, everything is done online. The transfer from my outside bank to the savings accounts takes 3 days and the funds show up in about 5 days. It is not a issue for me because I am not looking for the funds to show up quickly because I use it as a savings account. There is also a limit on the amount of withdrawals you can have in a monthly statement. I do all my finances online, so I don't need a local bank. If I need a question answered there is a 1800 I can call and there are representative to help me. I am very happy with American Express Bank, and I recommend this saving account.

Finally! Savings that accrues interest.

I started banking with American Express when I was researching potential companies to open a savings account. I was pleased to see the high interest rate that American Express offers as well as no maintenance/monthly/service charges. Upon opening my account, I set up an automatic deposit from my payroll to the account and accidentally transposed numbers on the account number. I had to speak with the customer service department, they were friendly and walked me through what I needed to do and helped ensure my money would not get used by someone else. Luckily, they stagger their account numbers so they aren't close together. I was thankful that they do that because I've heard horror stories about similar situations at other banks. Needless to say, I have been saving to the account and earning interest. A win, win, if you ask me.

Great For a Secondary/Emergency Savings Account

Posted by: Bretley | Aug 24, 2016

I had been looking for an on-line bank to utilize as a secondary savings account. I have a savings account with my local credit union but wanted another to use as long term emergency fund. Simply by having to login to a separate account, I am forced to think twice before withdrawing any money from this account, so it works perfectly for me. I looked around at a few online banks and settled on AMEX for a few reasons: reputation, no fees, excellent return rate, no minimum account requirement, and ease of use. I was able to set up an automatic transfer from my credit union account into this AMEX account very easily. You are limited to 6 transactions per month, but that's more than enough for my needs. The funds appear as available in the account within 24 hours and start earning interest at a return rate currently at 0.90%. I plan on getting a CD in order to get an even higher return rate. I highly recommend this bank.

Good Savings Account options

Posted by: QZ | Aug 18, 2016

I have banked with American Express Savings for the past 8 years after I moved to the US. Most banks do not offer good interest rates on savings accounts. I found American Express had higher interest rates, and they were also completely online. I have opened a savings account and several CDs with them. Their customer service is impeccable. Since they are a web-only bank, it is good to have friendly and courteous service at the other end of the phone. Their wait times on phone calls are also low compared to other banks I've worked with. Sometimes it feels odd not to have a physical bank to go to, but the ease of online transactions with them makes it worth it. I highly recommend AMEX to anyone who's looking for an online savings bank option.

Really Good Institution

Posted by: MildredP | Jul 26, 2016

I have really enjoyed having savings with American Express. I was really surprised that I would enjoy banking here, as I thought they were only known for their credit cards. I was able to open my account easily, and when I had a question regarding future savings, and interest rates, I was able to call and get right through. All of my questions were answered in a polite manner that was easy to understand. I am confident with my money being safe, and have really enjoyed the app on my phone as well. I appreciate that there is also no minimum amount required here like some other banks. I get the feel that I am part of an elite group of people, but I am not penalized for living life if I have to take the money out for something. Overall, I would say that the product is excellent, the usability is excellent, and the customer service is top notch. I would recommend them to anyone who is trying to save!

Customer For Life

Posted by: Muziq | Jul 25, 2016

My banking experience with American Express Bank has always been one of ease, comfort, no stress, and no frustrations. Their customer service has always been extremely helpful and professional. They actually seem like they know what their doing and are well informed on how the American Express Banking system works. American Express Bank, in my opinion, has always been an institution that cares about their customers. They care about your concerns and your financial future. The tellers are always extremely friendly, and online baking, along with their banking app, is so user friendly (which is good for me because when it comes to technology I'm completely lost). I'v signed up with a few other banks throughout my life, and I can safely say that AMEX has acquired a customer for life in me.

Easy Savings Account With a Great Rate

Posted by: Kimtwo | Jul 14, 2016

Our family has had an American Express Savings Account for 3 years now and love it. The set up of the account was quick and easy. We were looking for a good interest rate since all the brick and mortar banks around us paid almost nothing (.01%). After doing some research, we choose American Express and set up our account since they offered free transfers and a good interest rate (.90%). I am able to transfer money from our brick and mortar banks checking account directly to our savings account for free, and the money shows up the next day. I am also able to transfer money from the savings account to our checking account, free of charge, and it shows up normally within 2 days. We like having the other options a brick and mortar bank offers (deposit box, notary services, etc.), so AMEX's savings account plus our traditional checking account at our B&M bank makes a perfect pair.

What All Internet Banks Should Be

Posted by: rsfriedm | Jun 16, 2016

AMEX FSB website is great, very well designed. Opening an account is no nonsense, limited number of steps required. Website is easy to navigate. Rates are far above average. AMEX FSB is the prime example of how a web-bank should be designed.

American Express Bank, FSB has an excellent savings account.

Posted by: emmy129 | Jun 10, 2016

My experiences with American Express Bank, FSB have been excellent. Their savings account has one of the highest rates I was able to find. I shopped around a little before opening the account and American Express Bank also seemed to have one of the highest rated savings accounts. I opened the account online, it was extremely easy to do and didn't take long at all. Their online banking is extremely easy to use. I have transferred money between the American Express Bank savings account and my checking account at my other bank multiple times. Since I've had the account, and it never takes more than 2-3 days to show up in either account. I receive my statements online, which is nice because I don't like having to keep paper copies and wasting paper. Their customer service is excellent. When I had difficulty accessing my account, because I was locked out online, I called them and someone in customer service was able to help me get back onto my account with ease. The customer service representative was very pleasant and respectful of me over the phone. Overall I've had an excellent experiences with American Express Bank and recommend it to anyone.

Better than most American Express Bank.

Posted by: JustinCook | Jun 9, 2016

I opened an account with American Express Savings bank over two years ago. I liked them because they had one of the best rates. Better than my other bank of just .10 percent interest. They remain very competitive with other Banks and are currently offering a .90% savings rate on my money. This return is not great but much better than any other bank I have found. There online banking is very easy to access and I would strongly recommend to anyone who is looking to get a better rate on there money. Additionally there are no hidden fees with this bank as well. Which many banks now days try to hide these hidden fees American express bank is up front and honest. If you do not have a savings account I would strongly recommend this bank to anyone. Additionally with their very professional customer service I would recommend transferring my account to American Express bank.

High Yield Savings

Posted by: RubyJade | May 9, 2016

I opened a high yield savings account with American Express Bank several years ago, and I've been rather happy with the bank. Rates have decreased (considerably) but so have every other bank's, so I can't really hold it against Amex. I've only had to deal with customer service twice over the years, and both times they addressed my problems quickly and appropriately. I had an issue verifying my identity when I first opened the account, and they worked with me to find another way to submit my ID and documents. A year or so later, I was the victim of identity theft when someone stole my credit card number and I had to work with Amex to get my account numbers changed and passwords reset as a precaution. The rep I spoke to was professional and sympathetic, given the situation. The website is well laid out and easy to navigate. They've made a few improvements since I've opened the account, and I really like how easy it is to use the interface and retrieve old statements and tax forms. I liked the savings account enough to open several other accounts with Amex.

Overall A Good Experince

Overall I have had a positive experience with American Express, I really like their web/mobile experience but have had some trouble with connecting it to my YNAB account on occasion. The transactions reflect quickly in my account/transaction history. I appreciate that because I can be meticulous with budgeting and tracking my money. I have only had to call customer service once and it was for a pretty basic issue. The issue was cleared up quickly and was everything I have expected. Only reason I haven't given them all 5 stars is because I can't describe it as the "best bank ever". There is one other bank, Simple, that takes that top prize. If fees were lower with American Express I think I would change my opinion.

Solid Savings Account

I have had an online savings account with American Express for about 2 years now, and in my experience they offer a solid service. The interest rate on your savings is currently .90%, which of course isn't the greatest, but it is definitely better what your standard brick and mortar bank is offering. The bigger drawing card for me though has been the ease of use in depositing and managing the account. Setting up the account was easy, and the customer service has been great. That's what American Express is known for after all. I did have one minor issue where a transfer I made took a little longer than I was expecting, but when I contacted customer service they took care of the issue right away and let me know exactly what was going on. I also love having my savings account and my main credit card account view-able together as well. If you're looking for an online savings account, you really can't go wrong with American Express.

Great Bank For All

Posted by: Tankton1 | Apr 21, 2016

I personally use American express banking and absolutely love it! They have amazing customer service, and offer competitive rates for investment's such as savings accounts. I have been a customer of American Express banking for a few years now and have not had a single problem. American Express has always offered a competitive banking rate for savings accounts and other investment types. I have always had a great experience with customer service, and the one time I actually needed fraud protection for a fraudulent charge they covered me with no exception. I absolutely love American Express banking and will continue to be a customer for them as long as things stay the same.

Decent Bank

Posted by: hallick | Apr 11, 2016

I started using American Express after my family moved while I was in high school. Before, we used to bank with a small local branch and from what I remember, it was very basic. My parents opened up an account for me at American Express and got me started with depositing money. Once I graduated college, my use of American Express became more important in my life. The transition has been easy as American Express has developed an easy to use banking system for the younger generation. I highly enjoy American Express' online banking feature. It is extremely easy for me to use and I have had no problem checking my account or transferring money. A feature that has been great for me has been the use of notifications. As a student, I do not have a lot of money and am constantly worried about not having enough money in my account to pay bills. American Express sends me notifications to my phone once my account reaches a certain level making it extremely easy for me to keep track of funds.

American Express Review

Posted by: revolution | Apr 5, 2016

American Express Bank is an online bank that provides competitive rates and products, and is generally better than traditional brick and mortar banks. Because American Express Bank does not have a physical presence, they have a lower overhead than other banks and can pass those savings onto the consumer. As such, their rates for traditional savings are relatively high (0.90% APY last I checked), and what makes this better is there is no minimum requirement. Many other banks require high minimums, sometimes as much as $10,000, to get a preferred rate. American Express Bank also provides competitive rates on CD's, which can range from 0.40% for short-term CDs to 2% for 5-year CD's, also with no minimum requirement.

The only downside to this internet bank is that it is not as "accessible" as a bank from your traditional physical bank.

One last positive from my experiences with American Express Bank is the customer service. You will not be frustrated dealing with the representatives because they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable and value customer service. You can contact them 24/7 via phone or the online chat, and very rarely do you have to wait longer than a minute before speaking with a live representative. And unlike other banks, you don't have to go through an annoying phone menu before getting to a live person.

Good Experiences With Amex Bank

Posted by: Branson | Mar 23, 2016

I first opened up an account with American Express Banking in September of 2015. While I have been using an American Express card for a number of years I was a bit hesitant at first to start banking with them, as I wrongly assumed they would be more interested in high rates over customer service. I could not have been more wrong. From the moment I spoke with one of their customer service representatives, Jane, on the phone I was blown away. Jane was friendly, took the time out to listen to my concerns and allayed any fears that I may have had in regards to banking with American Express. Jane explained to me, in no uncertain terms, what the rates for opening a saving account would be, how American Express could help me in any financial situation I may face, and why it was that I should be banking with them. Since that day I have not looked back. I have found their customer service to be increasingly polite and always willing to assist. Their web interface is very easy to navigate and I am able to quickly check my balance, as well as get most information I would need just with the simple click of my mouse. Overall I would say the experience has been great and I would highly recommend to anyone I know that they bank with American Express.

American Express Bank

Posted by: Jacob2016 | Mar 16, 2016

I became a member of American Express Bank back in 2011. I currently hold a savings account with with American Express Bank, and I find it quite useful. The interest rate on this account is currently hovering between 0.90% to 1%; it varies from month to month from what I've noticed. Deposits that I've made to and from this account typically always process within 2 business days. The customer service department at American Express Bank is a bit above average. The one time that I had to use customer service, the department took nearly a half a week to fulfill my request; however, they did keep me updated all along the way. The major downside to this particular division of American Express Bank Bank is that it doesn't offer any other accounts aside from savings accounts. The lack of checking account offers, and even money market accounts keeps me from moving all of my funding over to American Express Bank. Overall, if you're searching for a savings account with a decent return rate, American Express bank is definitely worth a look.

Customer Service Needs Work

I wanted to talk to customer service about a overdraft fee and they were less then friendly... being very short and rude when all i wanted was a explanation. I got the fee removed and didn't have any problems after that, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

American Express Savings

Posted by: jackc24 | Mar 14, 2016

American Express offers a savings account that pays a higher rate of interest than any other savings account I have seen. You get 0.9% interest on your balance. Interest rates are pretty low across the board and while 0.9% may not sound like a lot, it is much higher than what most other banks currently offer. In fact, getting interest at all is becoming somewhat rare. The American Express savings account is simply a savings account. You do not get a debit card or checks with the account and you're limited to 6 transactions a month. I find the account useful given the comparatively high interest offered, but it may not be an account that everyone will find useful. I keep money in the account that I would otherwise have in my checking account - which wouldn't be earning interest. I think it is a good account for people who want to put aside money that they could potentially need and thus don't want to have it invested in the stock market, yet want to earn some return on their money. As always, Amex customer service is top notch.

Amex Savings a Winner!

American Express Personal Savings is a great savings option that provides a competitive rate. Not only do they provide good rates of return, but their customer service is top notch. As expected with American Express, their agents are quick to answer questions and do so with a great attitude. I've only experienced positive interactions with them, be it simple password resets to more complex financial inquiries. Their online login system is also super clear, easy-to-use, and mobile optimized. I was always able to check my deposits, withdrawals, and balances on the go and in an easy-to-read display. I appreciated that I could quickly access my information without any hassle. Their website is also great to browse because there isn't any advertising or distracting marketing messages. All the basic information needed was always easy to find and learn more about. I felt very confident that my money was safe and that I would be protected by their great service.

So far, my top choice.

Posted by: Devin2 | Feb 23, 2016

I've been a member of American Express for nearly 2 years now after having banking experience with a few other companies. The pros that I would like to highlight with Amex are their swiftness to deposit pending transactions. I typically receive my direct deposits around midnight with the exception of a recent week where all of my direct deposits hit my account at 11:30 pm on the day the deposit was made. I also am incredibly impressed with the lack of fees. The only time I'm ever charged a fee is when I withdraw money from an ATM. My only issue I have with Amex (which may not even be an issue they can fix) is the lack of companies who accept their card. Over all, banking with American Express is perfect for my lifestyle.

Average Online Bank

Posted by: Hywayman | Feb 23, 2016

I've had the account for over a year and I don't have any complaints. Its a bank and it does what I want it to do. I haven't had any issues and the rates are competitive. The online website has gotten better since I opened the account which is important to me. The few times I have had to actually talk/chat with customer service have gone well and what I needed was accomplished. I only use this account with money that I make online and spend online so my experience with them is limited. I can't make any predictions on how Amex will work if someone needs more complex banking.

Reasonable fees, great customer service and very auto-pilot experience!

Posted by: TonyK | Feb 9, 2016

Starting my business with American Express Bank 5 months ago was a final choice when choosing a new bank, and I'm glad I did so. I was very attracted to their APY of 0.90% with personal accounts, way higher with other banks that offer a lot lower, which in my situation, wanting a personal savings account, it meant a lot to me. After signing up and dumping funds into my account, which starting my account and transferring accounts from my previous bank was a breeze. No monthly banking fees at all was a plus for me, I was being charged for silly maintenance fees prior to this bank and they were unnecessary, so that helped a lot. Their customer service is always on point with helping me and they always have a straight forward attitude! A few weeks back, a few checks were not clearing through with my savings account and I called for help, got the help I need, checks were cleared and the system was refreshed and they showed in my account. Very fast service and very positive. Everything else is taken care of for me, which is why I mentioned auto-pilot experience. Their mobile apps are a huge help too, I'm very heavy into my phone and having the app to check balances and check deposits is very handy and it's never laggy or buggy. Overall, my experience with American Express Bank is a very positive one and I wouldn't ever think of going to another bank at the moment, this one met my expectations and more. I would definitely recommend it to other friends and family if they are in the business of switching banks and I'd be glad to help them to set it up!

Fantastic bank for online banking!

Posted by: TankT | Jan 28, 2016

I was first introduced to online banking with American Express through a credit card rewards system. That program was long ago cancelled, searching for better online banking has led me back to American Express. They offer great customer service, every question or problem I ever had was resolved fast. Interest rates are at or above average while banking fees are low or non existent. Being an internet bank, they offer a great online experience. Everything works fantastically and is easy to use. And any fee I have encountered was much lower then industry standard or no fee at all. Overall I rank this bank as my favorite and hope they continue great customer service and competitive/low-no fee services!

Maybe the best personal savings account few know about.

I have been using the personal savings account from American Express Bank, FSB for about seventeen (17) months now and I must say that I am very impressed with not just the interest rate (which currently at 0.9% APY is one of the best in the country if not the best) but its exceptional customer service seems to be second to none when compared to other traditional banks. American Express as a company seems to have replicated their winning formula for retaining high net worth customers to serving almost about every one with their personal savings account.
The only challenge I have with this account is that they don't give ATM cards and you are only allowed to withdraw funds up to a maximum of six (6) withdrawals per month without incurring any fees. However, if you exceed the maximum six (6) per month, you can begin to incur significant fees per extra withdrawal. This is unfortunate as this can really be a simple fix by American Express which will turn a very good product to a great one.

An incredible bank

Posted by: Elle1795 | Jan 2, 2016

This is the best bank I have ever had. I love pretty much everything about the bank. I really like that I have no fees with the account. Whenever I call I can get a person on the phone. I work odd hours and sometimes I am not home until early morning hours and I can get a hold of a customer service agent even then. There are no minimums on my account and that is another thing that I love. The interest rate on my savings account is a lot higher than on any other savings account I have ever had. Having an account with American Express Bank has also come with great rewards for me. I have received travel rewards from American Express. I have also received gift cards and shopping rewards. I have an account for my business as well as a personal account and I wouldn't change banks for any reason.

This is a Great Online Bank

I have been a customer of the American express Bank since 1999, Initially i had just their credit card, aka Blue from American express, but later on when they introduced their savings product I signed for it as well. I opened the persona savings account in 2004 and I have used it more than any other account, the only exception being ING Direct personal Savings now Capital one 360. This savings account has one of the higher yields nationwide and over the years it has not gone below .70 % , i think currently they are giving .90% which is way better than probably 90% of all the savings accounts at other banks. The website you log in to is pretty simple (although the URL is long). Once you login, pretty much everything you need is right there. Earlier there used to be an issue where the addition and deletion of transfer account was not automated and the account owner had to call customer service to make any changes, but that feature has since been added. One of the other best features is a very fast transfer, so for e.g. if you need money from your savings account into checking at some other bank , it only takes as little as 1 day to get it there. Many other institutions take upto 3 days. In the past when I had to call the customer service they were always very courteous and helpful and the speed to answer time was also low. I don't remember calling them twice for the same issue, so they were not only quick but effective . I have not called them in an year but i think the high standards are still there, and this is why I would say this is the best savings account , I still have money in it and probably will keep this relationship for a long time. thanks

Make it easy

We opened our account with American Express Bank a few years ago. We have had a credit card with them for as long as we could remember and didn't even know they had bank accounts available. One day I was on the phone disputing a charge where a company accidentally charged me twice. The kind gentleman on the line told me about their banking and said I would be eligible for a nice interest rate if I wanted to open up a bank account. After doing a bit more research I found out that they were offering me a lot better deal than my current bank was. I moved some money into the account and haven't had any issues yet. It is very easy to pay off the credit card this way which saves some time. When a lot of your finances are done with the same company it makes things easier.

Really Great Bank

Posted by: Sydney | Dec 7, 2015

This bank is really great. I do most of my banking online through their online banking app and it works really well. I have yet to experience any difficulty with the app loading, with transferring funds, or with depositing checks through the app. I simply love it. The customer service is really good too. I had lost my card once and I called for a replacement and the person I spoke to was very courteous and got everything situated in just a few minutes. I was even able to keep my same PIN, which I was worried about because I'm really quite bad at remembering new PINs. I really like the savings account I got because there are no fees involved with it, which is very hard to find. I tried at multiple banks and every one said that there were fees involved with their savings account and I think it's ridiculous for banks to charge fees to have a savings account.

American Express Bank

Posted by: trueguise | Dec 4, 2015

I've been using an American Express credit card for some time now and decided to try out their online banking system to save money in an account that has higher interest than using my regular savings account attached to my checking account. So far my experiences have been nothing but good. I have had some trouble setting up the account and getting accepted but that was mostly due to factors of the internet application process rather than my own personal qualifications. The customer service is top notch, just like their credit card service. The online navigation is just as easy as any other online banking service. The website is responsive and never hangs up. The APY percentage is way higher compared to your average savings account and there's no monthly fee or any kind of minimum balance required. With those benefits and the fact that you can easily link your other banks with the account to easily transfer money between them makes getting this account a no brainier.

Great National Bank

Posted by: Erin2 | Nov 30, 2015

I have used American Expresses online savings accounts for a number of years and have had nothing but great experiences. Yes there are no physical branches but in this day and age that really does not matter. Their great online tools more than make up for the lack of a physical location you can visit. They have a well thought out and powerful mobile apps, that can use your finger print for login at least on iOS. The fees on their deposit accounts are low and interest rate is way more competitive than anything you will find at a brick and mortar bank. Their telephone customer service is absolutely world class after years of refinement from their credit business. If you need a savings account with a great rate and are OK with an online only bank I absolutely cannot recommend American Express enough. It has been nothing but a pleasure using them for the last several years.

Four Out Of Five Stars

Posted by: LissaJ | Nov 30, 2015

I have been a customer of American Express savings deposit account customer for some time. I find their website to always be up to date and have current useful features. I like the way the website is designed and the fact that it really seems like the company has a genuine interest in providing customers with the most current banking options. The only issue I have with them is their customer service. I do not feel that the agents are trained as well as they would have you believe and I think a few more training classes would likely go a long way. I do appreciate the fact that they are available 24 hours a day as this is not the case with most banks. The agents do seem to be very concerned with my happiness as a customer, they just do not always have the answers I am looking for. Overall I like banking with American Express and have no intentions of closing my account in the future.

The Best Bank!

A few months ago I opened a high yield savings account with American Express Bank. I opened it because I have another banking product with them and needed to put my money with a bank I could really trust. The experience with American Express bank has been great! With that being said I believe every institution have their problems, but I expect issues to be handled in a timely fashion. After opening the account there was an issue I had with a transfer not showing up in my account. The funds had already been taken from my other account which is at another institution. Of course I put a phone call in and with them and I immediately got someone on the line. The realized how important this was to me, as it would be with any customer. While on the phone they figured out what the issue was and made sure the money was credited to my account immediately. That really made me feel safe about depositing my money with them, especially since I cannot walk right into a branch! I appreciate their great customer service and their since of urgency! THIS IS THE BEST BANK!

Fast Survivorship Account

Posted by: Ariella | Oct 16, 2015

I opened my high yield account, a 60 month cd, for my teenage son. My child has Autism, and I wanted to assure he will have something if I pass away that would be fast to access. There are zero fees, so I made it a joint account with survivor-ship so other family could make deposits to it and he would be able to access it swiftly. As my son is a duel citizen, I wanted to make sure he could access the money internationally in Ireland as well, and American Express is by far the best option. With this he can make up to 6 withdrawals a year with no penalty and the yield is much better than the competition. There is no minimum balance either, so you can open it with literally $1 dollar, and set up funds transfer from your bank for auto deposits as often as you want. The also have very well trained 24/7 online and phone support. I have only good things to say about American Express Bank and their high-yield CDs.

I LOVE MY AMEX CARD!

Posted by: mzeunique | Oct 15, 2015

American Express is wonderful! I love the way my direct deposit shows up on my account 2 days prior to day it is scheduled to show! I used this card to do a lot of paypal prepayment agreements and often times, I would forget I authorized a merchant to deduct funds from my account for their product or services, American Express is GREAT because before paying it, they would issue me an alert via email AND text to ensure I have agreed to this prepayment prior to disbursing my funds. If I ever incur a problem or have questions about a transaction, When I call in, I am helped IMMEDIATELY with no long hold times.

Adequate Experience

Posted by: Crombiee | Oct 15, 2015

I have been with American Express Bank for almost two years now and I don't really have any complaints. I was with SCBT for about four years prior. I'd say the two banks have a lot in common as far as my account goes. A.E. doesn't charge me to have an account and there is no minimum requirement for how much is in my account. I had to have a hundred to put in, I think, but overall I like that I don't have extraordinary fees like I've seen with other banks. As far as their customer service is concerned, I've never had any serious problems. Their attitudes are usually friendly and try to be helpful. I had a security breach on my card and I think they handled it fairly well. They knew about it and corrected the problem before any further damage could be done, within two hours of the breach and contacted me to let me know what the solution was.

Decent Banking Experience

Posted by: swiley3 | Oct 13, 2015

I have banked with American Express Bank for several years now. What brought me to them was the convenience. I've recently changed most of my banking over to AEB exclusively because of the service that I have received. I very much appreciate their mobile app that allows me to very quickly locate ATMs that won't charge me absurd fees, allows me to quickly check my balance, allows me to deposit checks via mobile, etc. I recently had an issue with a transaction that came across my account and was impressed at how quickly the customer service reps took care of the issue and made me feel safe that the situation would not happen again. I have only had one incident that angered me in the several years that I have banked with AEB. This last spring, I used my card for a very large purchase in a town about an hour and a half away from me. When I returned home, my card was denied for a small purchase. I thought their system was down, so paid cash and left. I attempted to use my card a few minutes later for another small purchase, only for it to be denied again. I immediately called AEB to find out what the problem was. They informed me that the very large purchase in a different town flagged my account for possible fraud. I was very angry with them for the declines, until I understood why they did it. I answered a few quick questions and they unflagged my card. My only other complaint about AEB is the fact that it is a bit frustrating, when I have a question, that I can't speak to someone who speaks clear English. It's that way with so many companies anymore, and it's very frustrating. Overall, I don't have any major complaints. I really rather enjoy the card and it's convenience and ease of use.

American Express Bank Savings Account

I currently hold an American Express Personal Savings account. Opening this savings account was incredibly simple, and only required $1 to open. I've only had to make use of American Express's customer service for this account once, and that was when I forgot my password. The process of recovery was incredibly simple and quick. The interest rate on this savings account is above average. The interest rate was at %0.80 percent at the time that I opened the account, though it did drop slightly to %0.70 about 2 months after my sign up. The interest rate on the American Express is currently holding strong at %0.90 percent. I currently have this savings account linked to my checking account at a different bank. The transfer time between these 2 accounts, on average, depends largely on where the transfer is initiated. Any transfer that I make which is initiated from the American Express savings account takes 5-6 days on average to complete. While a transfer from my outside checking account is completed in 3 days. Overall, the American Express Savings account is a solid choice if you're looking to build up a rainy day fun, or just to save period.

My Savings Account

I've had my had my savings/cc with American express for quite some time. They have some of the best rates you can get out there for liquid accounts. I would definitely recommend everybody use this since the service and mobile apps are amazing.

American Awesome

I recently chose to open a savings account with American Express, as I was forced to make a change in banks due to a cross-country move and I wanted to have my money closer than 2,000 miles away. Being a student who works for meager wages and who has very little free time, the ability to deposit my paychecks without having to make a trip to the bank itself is invaluable. The local staff in my new town are very approachable and courteous - I normally am nervous when dealing with placid bankers, but the staff at my most frequented branch are engaging and I find myself smiling with them when I interact with them. I do not plan on getting a credit card with this bank, though, due to their tremendously high interest rates. Overall, I am pleased with this bank and will stick with them in the case of a future move, as they are ubiquitous across the US.

Straight-Forward High Yield Savings

I've had a high yield savings account from Amex for the past several years. The only time I've dealt with the customer service was when I was setting up the account & had some technical issues with the website. The customer service reps I dealt with were helpful and easy to understand, but I did get transferred several times before I found someone that could help. The savings account itself is exactly what I wanted - minimal fees, decent interest rates in comparison to other banks and an option to be completely paperless. I really like the layout of the website; it's changed since I first opened my account and it is much easier to navigate now. With the new layout, I can set up a transfer into my savings account in just a few seconds. The recurring transfer option has been great for keeping me on top of saving as much as I should be and it's really easy to change when I need to. Overall, it's an account I never have to think about to much, which is ideal for me.

Great savings bank!

Posted by: RobzMarco | Aug 1, 2015

I remember when I was in the process of looking for a nice savings bank with a great annual percentage yield. I did my research, and found out about American Express Bank at the time. It had 1% APY, and still remains close to that up to this day. I was unsure of how to get things started, so I called the customer service number on the website to find out more about how beneficial it would be to sign up for an account. Well, for one, there's no minimum balance that you have to maintain. You can take out as much as you want without worrying about any penalty, said the rep. Being honest, he also reminded me that the APY tends to fluctuate, but not far off from 1%. Customer service was excellent, I thought to myself. As I signed up and used it myself, I found it easy to check balances, make bank account transfers, and keep track of monthly interest. It's not much when it comes to the yield, but hey, this was one of the best out there at the time when it comes to APY, and it still has one of the best to this day. It's been almost four years since I signed up and have gained hundreds already from interest savings. All thanks to one of the best out there, the American Express Bank.

Great Overall Bank for Saving!!

Posted by: D.Dalton | Jul 24, 2015

I have been working with American Express with my Savings account for about 5 years now. They have always had great customer service and help me with any situation that may have come along. Due to me opening my account a while back, I was allowed to keep my rate for my saving accounts which was great. They really want to satisfy their customers and that's how they make you feel. I would recommend American Express to those that like to save but want to have a bank that is based online.

Savings with American Express

Posted by: Major | Jul 23, 2015

In general I was very pleased with my prior experiences with American Express, which is why I was excited to open up a savings account with them when that option became available. In general, I found the website easy to navigate, it was easy to make deposits and withdrawals to and from my account, and I had no problem getting in touch with a customer service rep over the phone when necessary. My only disappointment was how difficult it was to have my name changed on my account after I got married. I'd been going through the same process with many other entities at the time but I found Amex to be one of the most difficult as far as requirements go, ease of submission of forms and paperwork, the need for originals versus copies. It was a headache and ultimately left a bad taste in my mouth that was the catalyst for closing my account at a later time.

American Express Savings was competitive, but just didn't work for us.

My husband and I decided we would switch from the typical branch savings account to an online bank, as interest rates were (and frankly still are) at an all time low. We wanted to earn as much money as possible for whatever cash we had. At the time, American Express was offering the most competitive rate for their savings account and we signed up. I will give credit where credit is due and state that their customer service was top-notch. In dealing with various situations on the phone with their agents, they were thorough, considerate and unified in providing accurate information and resolving any issues. Also, we were quite impressed with their mobile app and website. Easy to use and always accessible. What didn't work for us was not having a checking account through American Express. Transferring to and from their savings account to our bank took some time to process -- and we just needed to be able to access our money immediately. For some people (I guess people who have more money in their checking account at any given time) this may not be an issue, but for us it was. We decided to switch to a different online bank that offered comprehensive services that would meet all of our needs. Again, our experience with American Express was positive, it just wasn't the right fit for our family.

You cannot beat Amex's no-BS fee schedule for reasonable services and yield

As someone who, since the bank bailout, was forced to moved my savings accounts because of a forced merger of my local bank, I am very happy I went with a 'big' brand name that WAS NOT associated with the bailout. I was initially afraid of selecting the Amex brand in that I thought it would be 'too expensive' or cater to much higher net worth individuals. This was not the case. The fee structure and associated rules that Amex high yield savings provides me is perfect. Not that it is a problem very often, but NO minimums allows me to stay very flexible from a cash flow standpoint. I wanted a bank that WAS NOT associated with the bailouts when I was affected, and my choice was excellent. I've NEVER had issues accessing my money and I never have to worry about mergers/acq's/etc. Even though my account balances run $8,000-$12,000, I feel like I am treated as equally as a high net worth individual with 7-figure balances. I thought not having a 'brick and mortar' branch to walk into every week would be an issue, and it has not been at all.

Convenient and Functional

Using American Express Bank, FSB. has been a great experience. When I opened an account with them, I was concerned how the online aspect of the account would work, but it has exceeded my expectations. Electronic transfers move quickly without annoying or confusing delays, and I can always access my account information online when I need it. The website has never given me trouble, the security on my account is excellent, and I have never had to go sort out issues inside a physical bank branch.

I have rarely had problems, but the few times I have - for example, once I was having an issue accessing my account on mobile - I called customer service and got an immediate answer. The receptionist on the other end didn't give me a runaround or patronize me. She asked how she coudl help me, I described my problem having trouble accessing my account, and she put me through immediately to the representative who could help me. That person was polite and welcoming, but also efficient and able to solve my problem with no hassle. All I had to do was approve a certain security feature that was a measure to ensure someone else couldn't steal my phone and my account.

My experience with my account gave me so much confidence that I opened another savings account as well and have had nothing but good experiences with it. The fees associated with my accounts are very reasonable - lower than I had heard they would be and lower than many other online banks. Overall, American Express Bank is something I highly recommend.

American Express, Not Just For Awesome Credit Cards

Posted by: JollyRoger | Jul 7, 2015

I had been using American Express as a credit card user for awhile now. They have always been superb in that regard, so I while searching for a savings account, I figured why not give them a shot? What harm could it do? They been awesome! Their rate is currently at .9% which is not the highest out there for an online savings account, but it's still competitive and you get added benefits for taking the minor hit to the rate by going with American Express. Their deposit hold times are what one might expect from an online bank but they're customer service is phenomenal as always and you get a slew of other benefits as well. Whenever I have a problem or a question their live chat makes me feel as if my issue is important which is something I had issues with at other banks in the past. Their mobile app is definitely one of the better banking apps out there and their website is pretty top notch when it comes to online banks. There's no fees or minimum account balances required which is pretty important to me. I use them to stash my emergency fund just in case I should lose my job or have an accident of some sort. It's nice having peace of mind that if I ever need to tap into that money the bank won't hammer me with fees if I can't replace it fast enough. Overall I love American Express and would happily consider them for CD's and other banking products from them in the future. They continue to be one of the better banks to work with.

Happy American Express Customer

Posted by: gmarcel07 | Jul 4, 2015

I started using American Express Bank two years ago when my friend recommended it to me. She told me the bank had a good reputation in customer service, mobile and online banking services, and an overall smooth banking experience. I had a Bank of America account and was reluctant at first to open an account in another bank. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try American Express Bank and I'm glad I did.

At the time I started using American Express Bank, I was a college student and they offered me 100% free checking and savings accounts. They assisted me in the account opening process and the overall experience was good. Now it's two years later and I still enjoy the services the bank offers for free. Whenever I need to contact customer care, they listen to my needs and assist me as well and as promptly as they can.

The bank is also very good when it comes to online and mobile banking services. I get all my monthly statement electronically and my account transaction history is detailed and accurate. So to sum it up, I'm really happy to be using American Express Bank account.

Count One More Satisfied Customer!

Posted by: Stroheim | Jul 3, 2015

I have had experiences with many banks, some good, most bad. Luckily, I can count American Express into the good category. Their rates for savings accounts are very enticing and competitive, especially right now at 0.90%; the interest is really accumulating for me! The online experience is very nice as well. The website is very well designed, being both physically attractive and easy to understand. I do think that customer service is their weak spot (when I first signed up and had trouble with my account, the customer service team was very little help to me, making me wait for hours on end just to get an answer on a question), so be aware of that. However, that was only one time and this happened a year ago, so it's possible that things have improved since then. I should also add that the fees are pretty reasonable overall, especially compared to other banks out there. In summary, you'll have a hard time finding much better on the market. I definitely recommend American Express!

Competitive High Yield Savings

Posted by: SLM | Jul 3, 2015

If you are looking to try out online banking and are wanting to set up a emergency saving account that will pay you more than just a couple of cents every month give American Express Bank a shot. They will not charge you monthly fees that cut into your interest profit. The also have a competitive annual percentage rate at 0.90% for their high yield savings account, which by the way should be the only type of savings account you should even look into if you are just looking to put some money away that you still can have access to rather quickly. As for customer service, American Express has had the reputation of excellent service toward the customers. The times I have had to personally deal with them they were accommodating and easy to work with and took the time to make sure they I was satisfied. Overall I am happy with my account through American Express Bank and though you are not going to retire anytime soon if all you have is a high yield saving account it is still loads better than some of the other competitors that only give you 0.03% interest. Looking at you Bank of America savings.

Good account, solid rate

Posted by: KentWaldon | Jul 1, 2015

I have maintained a savings account with American Express Personal Savings for a while now, and have been pretty pleased overall. The rate is among the best that I have found, and there are no hoops to jump through to get my funds. Transfers go through quickly, and it is easy to open and maintain multiple accounts to track savings for different purposes. There is no mobile app, which is kind of a drag, but it is easy enough to just log in on the web and do what I need. There is no fee to open or maintain an account, and transfers are limited to six per month. I have never really had to deal with customer service, so I don't really have an opinion as far as that is concerned. I do believe that you can access customer service via online chat, which is a nice feature. Overall, it has been a good experience and I would recommend the bank.

Best Rates, slow transfers

I signed up for a savings account with these guys about 10 months ago. The opening process was pretty straightforward. After signing up I noticed that transfers seemed slow compared to other online banks. As of this moment, I have an account with American Express, EmigrantDirect and SmartyPig. Both American Express FSB and SmartyPig take 2 days to transfer money to and from my bank (not counting weekends). If you want fast and predictable access to your savings then this is certainly not the bank or account for you. That said, you simply will not find a better rate. They pay interest on schedule and as promised. The rate does not appear to be a teaser rate either. Although in the grand scheme of things .9% for interest is not a lot, it is the best rate you will find right now. I only had to call once and although they couldn't answer my question they were pleasant enough.

Left Other Banks For AMEX, FSB!

Before opening a savings account with American Express, FSB I had a savings account with Chase where customer service was subpar and the savings account had certain restrictions. My decision to switch was heavily based by having used American Express's credit cards. I have not been disappointed! My savings account with American Express, FSB has been opened for nearly 8 years and in that time I have found their customer service to be absolutely superb (they actually take the time to answer all your questions and help you with any concerns!) and am happy with my ability to link my savings account to other checking accounts (if only AMEX, FSB offered checking accounts too!!) I have never had problems with "overdraft" fees and have never feared taking out "too much" money from my savings account because my account has no minimum (which is extremely helpful in times of emergency). Seriously, would recommend American Express, FSB to anyone!

American Express has well trained, compassionate customer service people.

I opened up a personal savings account at American Express because I wanted to start putting money aside for a vacation for me and my daughters. I felt that my money would be safe with American Express and it has been of course. I had an issue recently where I had to contact American Express because I really messed up and transferred too much money from an external checking account into my American Express savings account. I was in a total panic because I was going to have checks bouncing from my external error due to my mistake. I contacted customer service, and expected to hear that I was just going to have to deal with it, but the absolute total opposite was true. The customer service agent understood, and I mean she really understood, that I was in a panic. The first thing she told me was not to worry, she would do everything she could to help me and she would stay on the phone with me even if she had to get other people involved. I felt so much better even just hearing that. She managed to get the right departments involved and got my deposit cancelled before it went through, and I did not have to deal with an issue with my external account. And she really had to work hard at getting that done, contacting several other departments and a supervisor in order to confirm everything would be done correctly. I appreciate her so much and how American Express must train their customer service people on handling "panicked" customers like I was. You don't see customer service like that anymore. I will be staying with American Express just for that fact alone.

A fine bank for a savings account

I opened a high yield savings account with American Express Bank over a year ago. So far I have few complaints. I have never had a problem depositing or withdrawing funds, and as of yet I have not had to deal with customer service. Online banking with this account has been a breeze. I travel frequently for work, and I have had no problems managing this account on my computer. I particularly like that the account comes with no fees or minimums, more than once I have need to transfer money and the lack of a mandatory minimum balance has been helpful. Having said all this I also don't feel like this particular account is outstanding or better than other accounts I have. All in all I would call this an average savings account from an average bank, but still a good option for someone looking to open a new account.

Look No Further

Posted by: B.Schmidt | Jun 1, 2015

Since I had an Amex card, I kept getting offers about a savings account. I had been contemplating a separate savings account for some time. I decided to apply and give it a try as Christmas savings money. Opening the account was a cinch. I did it all online via electronic transfer. It has worked out very well. Turns out its a high yield savings account so I earn interest. There was no minimum balance needed to open or maintain the account, and no ongoing fees. Anytime I've had to transact with customer service, it has always been a pleasant experience. One note is there are no branches near me but I do have an ATM card, and it actually feels a little prestigious carrying the Amex name. I rarely need to conduct in person transactions and prefer the app anyway, so it works out fine.

For An Online Bank, Too Many Offline Requirements

Posted by: JAraque | May 28, 2015

I recently got divorced and had to convert all my joint accounts at various banks into single accounts. AmEx Bank was one of two banks that required that I resubmit a new signature card for the new account considering they already had my signature on file from the joint account, but unlike the other bank I was unable to complete the process online. Instead you have to wait until AmEx mails you the form so that you can fill it out and mail it back to them.

Also, ALL of my my other banks allowed me to change the beneficiary on my accounts quickly and easily online. AmEx Bank was the exception. To add a beneficiary with AmEx required that you print out a form, fill it out and mail it in.

Customer Service was not helpful when I asked why I could not complete those tasks online or why I could not simply print the needed forms, fill them out, scan them and email them back.

A great online savings account

Posted by: BobDonald | May 25, 2015

I used American Express to set up a high yield savings account online. It allowed setting up automatic withdrawals and deposits which is very useful if you are trying to save money. It did take 6 days to transfer any of the money in or out but that also helped save money as it is not as easy to access, and thus it was much easier to not spend money on impulse.

Best rates

Posted by: JamesLea | May 25, 2015

Great Savings Option with a Trusted Brand

Posted by: JoshuaC | May 21, 2015

American Express Savings has been a great place for me to open and save some money I had. They have very competitive rates - one can easily tell by doing a Google search on the best savings rates from banks that are currently offered. In addition, their website was easy to navigate and understand. I could quickly see my balances and take actions on my accounts without worry of fluff or marketing getting in the way. Their website was very clean and I appreciated that their customer experience across registration to continual has been only smooth. Even when I forgot my password and log in information, I called customer service who was able to quickly help me regain access. I trust them more because of the American Express brand and have only great things to say about their service - highly recommended! Also a point of note is that their site is mobile optimized, making it easy to view on my iPhone when I'm on the go as well.

Satisfied Banker

Posted by: Scorpio | May 21, 2015

I have been with American Express almost 3 years. I would recommend this Bank to anyone. Their customer service department is very professional. They go above and beyond their job requirements, to make sure that your needs and concerns are met. I have in the past had a couple discrepancies that I came across while reviewing my statement online. They were more than willing to help resolve the matter. I like how they notify you if they happen to come across unusual activity on your account ( activity out of the norm). I also enjoy not having to pay a fee every month to maintain my bank account as well. The only thing that I don't like are the ATM fees. The charge for using certain ones can add up very quickly. You get charged the bank's fee, plus the fee at the ATM you are using. All in all, this has been the best bank I have conducted business with hands down. I've tried Wells Fargo, SunTrust and Bank of America ,and none can compare to American Express.

Thank you for helping me save my money and time

Posted by: ambroshaa | May 17, 2015

I would like to thank the customer service team at American Express Bank. For years I held an Express credit card but, unfortunately I was finding fewer and fewer places that accepted the card. It wasn't a hard decision to start an additional savings account with the company that I had trusted my finances with for so many years. The team was so helpful in finding the appropriate ways to distribute my funds into both CD's and a savings account that had a high interest rate. What I really love is the online and mobile access of being able to ask questions and not being put on hold over the phone like at other banks. The ease of being able to Tweet questions is great and I can wait for a response while doing other things. But their customer service team is helpful all the time. For instance, last week I had an issue with a transfer that had not processed in the normal time frame, or so I thought. I received a phone call prior to me investigating the problem by American Express letting me know that some withdraws were made that didn't fit my normal patterns. After speaking with the rep, it turned out that my account number had been mistaken for someone that was planning a wedding. They froze my account within minutes and by the end of the day I had all my current funds transferred into another account so that I had access but the others did not. The money that had been taken out of my account was replaced within 3 days. It was a great experience and a fast turnaround time so that I was able to access my savings without penalty for the mistake.

my bank

About 3 months ago I went to bank of america and they told me that I had to close my account because of fees. When I arrived at that bank I didn't like the service and I start to go online to see what other banks were there to hold my money and I came to American express. Now this bank is one of the best because of the customer service experience I had. this lady showed me how much benefits I would get with american express. I loved their checking account because I don't have to worry about fees or min on their accounts. I love that they are accepted worldwide and don't have to worry about getting my card blocked because I can call their international phone number and get it touch with someone on the spot. I love their debit card because when I went to the bank they told me that I would get my card in two weeks and when I got it I got an alert to activate it on the spot. I love how it gives me a lot of alerts to make my banking very easy.

Great service

Posted by: Armonie | May 14, 2015

I recently worked with AMEX to open up a savings account. They told me how their rate would be a higher than a lot of other savings rates, but it might not be the highest. I asked why they would tell me that their rate is not the best. What he said really helped me make up my mind. He said that they might not be the highest, but the way they treat their customers was more valuable than a number on a sheet of paper.

Solid APY At A Trusted Company

Posted by: Rupp | May 4, 2015

I've used AMEX's personal savings account for a couple of years and have really liked it. It doesn't lead the nation with APY, but it is not far off, and it is a very solid company overall. I use an AMEX credit card, so I haven't been surprised that they have delivered just as well on the bank product side.

would recommend

I have banked with American Express Bank for over 7 years. I really appreciate their app I am able to use on my iPhone. The app allows me to do many things such as transfer money, and check my accounts. One time I needed to speak to customer service because I did not understand a transaction on my account. It was very easy to follow the steps needed to speak to customer service through their telephone number. I was able to speak to a representative quickly and they helped me to better understand the transaction on my account. I was pleased that it was so easy to speak to someone in a time of need. There are little to no fees associated to banking with American Express. I have stayed with American Express for so long because of their polite customer service and easy online banking. It makes banking very simple when you are able to ask questions and view your accounts from your computer at home. I would recommend American Express, FSB to any family or friends who are looking for a bank.

The best bank I have ever had.

Posted by: ElleRie | Apr 23, 2015

I have a savings account through American Express Bank, FSB. I have had this account for about a year and I love this bank. I do all of my banking online and occasionally have to call and talk to a person. About two months ago I had an issue logging into my account, so I called and they took care of it right there and then. I didn't get pushed from one person to the next, the first person I talked to was the one who fixed my account. I also didn't have to wait very long to talk to someone like you do with most banks. As much as I love their customer service the best thing about the bank is that they don't charge a monthly fee when most do. They also don't require you to have a minimum balance, which is great. This is truly the best bank I have ever had.

very fair bank

I have had a savings account with American Express for many years and had no problems. Recently, I was traveling abroad and used my ATM card at a foreign bank and when I checked my statement there were all kinds of fees. I knew to expect some fee's but these were ridiculous. I contacted the bank and asked them what the deal was and they said the foreign bank charged many different fees, they only charged one. I complained that I was getting charged way to much money and they were kind enough to reimburse me for some of the fees. They said it was only a one time thing and next time I would be charged the full amount but I thought that was very fair, and in the future I knew to check with each bank before withdrawing to know what the fees were ahead of time. The customer service was outstanding, fast, and very professional. Outside of that one incident I have never had any need to contact them, and no problems to report. Would suggest them to anyone and in fact have suggested them to friends before.

online savings

Posted by: toe7685 | Mar 16, 2015

I currently have an online savings with Amex another with FNBO Direct. Amex has the higher interest rate, and I enjoyed the services better than FNBO Direct up until recently. I made a deposit for a large sum of money into my savings and it posted with AMEX as of the 2nd of the month. Until this day, the funds are not available if I wished to use the money, and it is now the 16th.

I have become disgusted with banks who like to hold onto consumers money with the claims that they are verifying the funds transfer, etc., but the funds were out/cleared/deducted from the funding account as of the 31st. So, I am not sure what they mean by verifying and they told me 5 business days from the transaction date and still not cleared.

Otherwise, I have not had a service issue and the product is very competitive, but banks in general love to hold onto consumers money for as long as they can and wherever opportunities to do so present themselves.

I would still recommend the tool/product for saving.

Good luck!

One of the Best Online Savings Bank in the US

Posted by: LianneDep | Mar 6, 2015

American Express Personal Savings Account is one of the best in the business. It features a very high interest rate (specifically .90% per annum) in any amount you're going to save to the bank. Not to mention that it's compounded daily. The bank does not offer a debit card or checking account. This, in my opinion, helps me save money. Furthermore, since it's online, there are less hassles like fees and long queues. Withdrawal and deposit transfers are within a day, except for weekends. However, I have not yet experienced calling the customer service, but I heard that they handle their customers really well. Further, I have not yet contacted the CS since there are technically no problems whatsoever with my experience with this wonderful bank. In line with their efforts to make their customer service better, they created a mobile app for banking. The Amex Mobile application looks sleek and modern in iOS. It alerts you when your account is being used. As an online bank, the web experience is really hassle-free and simple.

Overall, their service is very commendable and one of the best, if not the best, in the (online banking) business.

Amex Is The Best

Posted by: Maggie34 | Mar 5, 2015

I have always had a positive experience with American Express Bank. One of my most favorite things is that there are zero monthly fees. The fact that there is no minimum balance is also really helpful because I do not have to worry about have a certain amount of money in the account. My interactions using their online site have been very smooth. I have never had an issue using their website. On some rare events that I have had to speak to customer service via the site they have always responded in a timely manner. On times that I have spoken to customer service over the phone they have always been very professional in handling my situation. I also hold an American Express credit card. The particular card that I have does not have a monthly fee either. The quality of service that I receive for both my account and credit card have always been superior than the service that I receive from other banks or financial institutions.

Savings Accounts

Posted by: Yani | Feb 22, 2015

American Express is one of oldest financial institutions. At the beginning, it only offered travelers checks and credit cards. Now they offer additional financial products. Their credit cards offer different types of rewards. I, however, would like to review their new product, savings account. The accounts are FDIC insured. It has competitive rate. Anyone who are interested in savings account should look into their product. The money is going to be safe there since American Express has very good reputation. Saving accounts at American Express, like those offered by other financial institutions, have low rates due to the type of investment but they are safe. You cannot lose money. Savings accounts are good for people who are very conservative like myself. I would suggest the savings accounts and CDs that are being offered by American Express. The American Express's competitiveness, reputation and safety are my utmost important consideration. Go American Express!

Great experience

Posted by: JenT | Feb 15, 2015

I opened a savings account with American Express last year when they offered one of the highest rates on the market. Soon after they reduced the rate, not once but twice in just a few short months. Now their rate isn't the highest on the market anymore, but I don't think I'll switch banks. I like their online banking site which is very easy to use. It's also very easy to link my other bank accounts to the new account so that I can transfer funds. There's no monthly fee associated with the account and there's no required minimum balance. I didn't experience any problems since I opened the account. I routinely transfer funds in and out of the account and every transaction has been processed accurately and quickly. I'm giving them 4 stars for competitive products because they reduced the interest rate twice in the last couple of months. I'm very happy with the bank otherwise.

An ok Interest Rate but Service Needs Improvement

Posted by: JT1000A1 | Feb 13, 2015

I signed up with American Express Bank, FSB for a savings account because i read good reviews about the high yield savings accounts and CDs. As a member of American express card services I thought getting a savings account would work out well. So far the interest rate has fluctuated quite a bit since opening the account and it is now significantly lower than the amount I originally signed up with. When I try to reach customer service it is challenge because they seldom seem to have the correct information on file when you speak over the phone. I had to be transferred to several reps who all verified the same account information just to answer a simple question about deposits via check and they occasionally will return a check if it does not meet their requirements. The website is easy enough to navigate but the phone service certainly needs work, overall not a bad started bank.

Best Interest Rate! Excellent Service! No Problems

Posted by: CBox | Feb 9, 2015

I opened an American Express personal savings account roughly two years ago and I'm very pleased. Despite a slight initial, yet understandable, issue with verifying my identity to setup my account, I haven't had any problems.

I love this account because there are no fees, I'm not required to carry a minimum balance, they don't send me a bunch of spam, transfers are very fast (two business days max), and best of all, the interest rate is 0.90%.

There aren't many bells and whistles to this account, it is very simple. The only things you can do online is update your profile information, view your transaction history, manage your alerts, and make transfers. I like it like that. it's very straight forward and easy to navigate.

Besides to help verify my identity when I first opened the account, I haven't needed to contact customer service, and the representative I spoke with was friendly and quickly solved my problem.

Another cool thing is that they don't retrieve their test deposits when you link an external bank account. They send two deposits that are close to $1 each! Hey, I'll take anything I can get.

I've got my girlfriend to open an account, and I'll recommend this account to anyone.

Convenience at its best!

Using the bank's services was a great experience for me. About two to three years ago, I was looking for a savings account that topped the competition in terms of APR. At the time, AMEX was at 1.00%. It a little higher than most savings accounts I browsed. I set one up and loved getting monthly interest back. Yet, it seemed like the more I added, the lower the APR became. In the end I think it went down to as much as 0.75%. I don't know whose fault it is (market or AMEX?), but what I know is that the website and how it's set up is just fantastically convenient, even an "old dog" can use it easily. Now, the rate has gone back up some. The options are easily accessible. I opened my account within 12 minutes, I found several facts about the account really quickly (e.g. no fees and minimum balance!!!), and easily learned how I can make transfers to and from my separate checking account. Statements and help options can also be accessed very easily. The website itself is not intimidating and very user-friendly. I called up customer service too to find out if I can have a joint account set up and he fluidly led me through the process. It was a very impressive experience overall, one I would expect from a top bank like American Express.

Wonderful Bank!

I have had many wonderful experiences with my dealings with American Express Bank. I have always had amazing customer service and the people there who work there are very knowledgeable and helpful. They always answer my questions in kind, informative ways. You are always made to feel welcome at American Express and I love that. It truly is a great feeling to know that you are an appreciated customer for a service. The programs American Express offer are great, too! Low fees, wonderful service, fast service, accurate details in online banking. Those are just a few of the great qualities of American Express Bank! I really enjoy the online banking, too! It's so easy just to log in to my account and check my balance of not only my checking account, but also my savings account, too. I also can view my statements online. The online banking is not confusing and very easy to understand and follow. I also love the rewards you receive from American Express for just banking with them. It's amazing at what you can earn and that is something not many other banks provide.

Great bank for savings accounts

American Express Bank offers a competitive rate on their high-yield savings account, so I would definitely recommend them to people who are looking to save their money in a non-investment, low risk account. This bank also has great customer service. I had a few questions while setting up my account, so I called the customer service line and was helped by a friendly young woman who seemed very eager to make sure all my concerns were addressed. My first question was to find out whether or not there were any fees associated with the high yield savings account. I wanted to make sure that I was clear on all of the restrictions and requirements to avoid any unanticipated fees. The woman who walked me through the list of possible fees was very patient and clarified the majority of my concerns. I also wanted to know if the annual percentage rate on the high yield savings account would change because I have had accounts in the past where the rate would decrease without letting me know. The customer service representative was helpful with clarifying this concern, as well. Overall, I haven't had any negative experiences with my American Express Bank account. I would recommend them to anyone.

Saving account interest rate $$$

What I like about American Express is that the saving account interest rate is one of the highest in America. Also, the wiring of my accounts from my other personal checking account to my saving account with American Express is easy. The money I was making in my saving account compared to most banks/my personal bank saving account interest, was crazy high. Opening an American Express saving account was easy, and I did not have any troubles doing it. I have been referred by friends who also have saving accounts with American Express and we all, have no regrets in doing so. I suggest to everyone that is looking for a company who offers great interest rates on saving accounts should look at AE. Also, the customer service is great. 5 Stars.

American Express is an amazing bank

I have had nothing but great experiences with American Express. Their customer service is excellent. Every time I have called in for assistance they were pleasant and courteous and helpful. They never rushed and were always patient making sure that all of my needs were met before hanging up. Their fees are low and reasonable. Their web services are easy to follow and complete with what I need to accomplish while using online banking. Overall, they are a great bank to work with, my favorite by far of all of the banks I have worked with.

Customer appreciation and ease of options

I recently switched the Amex bank to have a savings account separate from my normal accounts. They have been thus far the most fair and upfront bank I have ever had to deal with. Other competitors have hidden fees or practices that where they introduce a fee to your account without contact or notification. On the flip side, you have Amex, who gives you all there terms right up front, then sticks to them. In addition they have extremely user friendly apps, mobile, and or web interfaces. This provides overall the most optimal experience for me as to the fact that I do not have time for phone calls and or personal visits to banks. The one downside that I have experienced with Amex is that I have opted out of email offers and or special promotions and still receive them. My inbox is not blowing up and it is not excessive, however I did opt out and have still received communications. Aside from this, all expectations have been met especially when it comes to the financial sector of the agreement.

Online Easy

Posted by: jcat14 | Jan 21, 2015

I have an online savings account I created for a trip my husband and I are hoping to take in a few years for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We currently use the American Express credit card for our small business and trust the American Express name. We have always had great experiences with their customer service department for both our credit account and online savings. Since we are only using the savings feature, being an online only acct and not have a brick and mortar building did not bother us. We easily make transfers from our checking account at another large institution, straight into our savings account. The interest earned is fair in today's economy. Opening the account was a very smooth 15 minute process that we were also able to complete online. There are no monthly fees on our account and no minimum balance to maintain. We also have access to our account 24/7.

American Express Savings

Posted by: ZenGuy | Jan 21, 2015

The savings account from American Express Bank is amazing! I originally opened this savings account in June of 2010. At the time I opened the account there were no specific opening deposit requirements, monthly fees, or fees of any sort. Fast forward today, and I currently hold the bulk of my savings in American Express bank. I've only ever used the banks customer service once when I forgot my password. It was quickly reset, and I was good to go. One thing about American Express bank that I'm not entirely too pleased about are their interest rates. When I opened the account back in 2010, the interest rate on the savings account was hovering above 1%; the interest rate dropped to .80% and is now at .90%. Overall, if you're on the market for a new savings account, don't be afraid to give American Express Bank a try.

American Express Yourself

I've always associated American Express more with their line of credit cards than their banking services. However, I recently decided to give them a try and I have been pleasantly surprised. American Express offers a wide variety of account options, though the two big ones are the Savings accounts and the CDs. They actually give a good interest rate on the savings account, 0.90% or so. It's still less than what Discover offers, but compared to a lot of other banks, it's a good deal. The customer service has been a bit iffy, I do admit; I haven't really needed it much, but whenever I've called they've been slow and unresponsive. The website interface works well, though; it's easy to understand, simple to navigate, and has yet to give me any trouble. I haven't even had to worry about the fees, so that should tell you that they're no big worry. Overall, American Express is a solid option, and if you've got some cash you'd like to tuck away into a savings account, it should definitely be on your shortlist.

I love American Express!!

I have had a account with American Express for over 5 years. In the past I was a part of a community credit union. I was always getting fees for the most ridiculous things. I made the switch when I was talking with a friend and she suggested American Express. I joined and I haven't looked back in 5 years. I have not accumulated one fee. Not one. I have a good selection of free Atm's which for me is a huge plus. I hadn't had to deal with customer service very much excepts once when my card was stolen. They were prompt in replacing a card and reassuring me with my account safety. The online system is very easy to navigate and very forthright. I check my statement every month. With this account there are no hidden fees. I appreciate a company that does it's business well, especially when it comes to banking. I would highly suggest banking with American Express.

A decent bank.

Posted by: Ceebee | Jan 17, 2015

Like most banks, American Express has it's pros and cons. They usually have a very quick transfer time. Usually when I send my money to the bank, I see it the next day. There was one situation where I had recently pulled out most of my money to pay rent, and then received an unexpected bill for Netflix. It caused me to go overdrawn, but since 24 hours passed before I was able to get more money into the bank, I received a late fee. I was so frustrated because I knew that if I had only been given just one more day, I wouldn't need to be charged. I called them up, and although it took a little bit of patience to get through all of the automated system and customer service, I was able to get the late fee reversed. I really appreciated their willingness to work with me and give me a chance.

Best for simple users!

I wanted a simple savings and checking account that I could access while I was travelling and in my fast pace lifestyle, I didn't have time to wait to switch banks and get new credit cards, etc. American Express added in my regular credit cards (I can check the balance on them with a simple refresh button all in one place so it's quick and easy) and they also gave me a debit card I can use while abroad with no extra fees. There was no fees at all to open my account, as well as no monthly fees which was incredibly surprising. I was hesitant at first because I have never worked with Amex or any of their companies that they branch with, but I have never been more satisfied with any other bank! This is simple to use, easy to open (and quick!) and it does everything that I want it do. It might not be for more intricate people who want every bell and whistle, but it's perfect for the every day banker who does not want any hassle or strange fees popping up in their account!

A Pleasant But Costly Experience

Posted by: Ronan | Dec 31, 2014

My experiences with American Express Bank have been on and off. The bank itself is quite well known especially throughout the nation. When i first opened up and checking and savings with them the overall experience was quite easy and handled in a professional manner. Everything was done online and they didn't require too much personal information than any other bank. Overall their customer services is very good as they always have short wait times on phone calls and answer my questions expertly and efficiently. The one downside to their services is the high fees that they charge for this exceptional service. Most of their accounts require monthly or annual fees to maintain in comparison to other banks around the country. Although their fees are high I have not felt insecure while putting my money in their hands. Their mobile services like apps and online accounts are very convenient and east to use. Overall my experience is very satisfactory and only hindered by the high fees that are incurred.

Great customer support, not so great hidden fees

I am a mother of two teenagers who currently are working retail and odd end jobs like babysitting. They've been getting decent money for college, so I thought I would check with my bank (American Express) to see if I could open up a checking and/or savings account. They lady I spoke with was extremely nice and since I had both my children there, she spoke with them as well to make sure they knew what a responsibility it would be. We establish two separate accounts for them and after depositing some money, we're on our way. A few weeks later, my son withdraws too much money and is charged a fee for not having at least 5 dollars in his account. He did not spend all his money, he just didn't leave enough in his account and this was not something that we were notified about for junior accounts. We went back to speak with a bank teller and ended up sorting it out, but they really should let you know before hand. Great service, but I wish they would make requirements more clear.

Great customer support, not so great hidden fees

American Express FSB

Posted by: JoshSmith | Dec 27, 2014

American Express bank offers great rates but the online portion needs improvement. I have to set up alerts of transferring money which I think should be a standard feature. My checking account provides overdraft protection which can be offset with my savings. Since Express has been around for a while its pretty much an house hold name. This means the number of free ATM machines I can find around my local area is immense. They still have yet to develop a mobile app which is crucial in today's banking I rate it 7 out of 10.

High yield savings

Posted by: bigmac | Dec 17, 2014

I have a high yield savings account with American Express Bank. The account guarantees me a small return. It is a no risk, no fee, simple account. I have had the account for just over a year and am very pleased with the customer service I have received. My calls are answered quickly, and all of my questions have been answered. The website is easy to navigate, and use. The account return is the highest I have found for online banking. I plan on continuing to utilize this account, and hopefully growing my savings. I would recommend this account to anyone looking to build a large savings, that would like a guaranteed return. There are no risks, no fees, just a high interest rate for a simple account. As long as you have enough savings and want to have more, I would definitely give this one a thumbs up.

good internet bank

Posted by: thrifter | Dec 10, 2014

I have had an American Express Savings account for years and recently opened up an online account with them as well. The process was very quick, easy, and hassle free and my account was running in no time. I have been using American Express for many years, the only time I've ever had to contact their customer service was when I was traveling abroad and the foreign bank charged me many hidden fees, when I contacted American Express they said they would refund some of the fees this one time and warned me to always check with banks before withdrawing in the future. I thought it was a very kind gesture on their part and the customer service experience was great. Outside of that I have never had any issues and think its a very reliable and trustworthy place to keep your money.

A Good Bank For Once

Posted by: kikirocker | Dec 2, 2014

So I had been really frustrated with the whole banking experience for a while, when a good friend of mind Tracy told me that American Express had an actual bank. Now, I've been a life time Master Card user, so I never had even a credit card with them. But I was looking into high-yield savings account, because I'm looking into buying my first house, and I'm saving up for it. I applied with them, and it took no time at all to be accepted. I really liked the fees, the site was easily accessible on both my phone and my laptop. What I liked the most is the customer service, and the fees. The fees reasonable for once, and every time I had even a bit of problem the customer service was more than helpful, and was very patient with me with my questions.

Amex account review

Posted by: lord | Nov 13, 2014

I opened up an online account with American Express about a year ago because I heard it pays interest on top of whatever you have in the account, which is unheard of with one of the major banks that most people use, unless of course you have a certain amount in the account. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with fees for a minimum balance and overall I would recommend anyone to consider opening an account with American Express, it takes care of its customers.

Overall Good Experience

Posted by: KDW24 | Nov 11, 2014

I have held a savings account with American Express Personal Savings (American Express Bank, FSB) for several years now, and every experience I have been has been positive. The .8% interest rate is relatively high compared to similar savings accounts. All deposit and withdrawal transactions that I have made have been easy to make and trouble free. I believe it generally takes between two and three days to appear in an account after a transaction has been made. Although I would prefer it happened quicker, overall that is not too bad.

The web page is easy to navigate. The only thing they could think about changing is developing a mobile app, although there is not necessarily a huge need for an app for a savings account. There are no minimum balance requirements, but I believe you are limited to six transactions a month, which is not a huge issue. Additionally, once you have opened an account, it is very easy to open a separate account for different savings purposes.

Awful Just Plain Awful Bank

They actually closed my account and sent money to state unclaimed funds and now I must wait months and be hassled beyond belief to get it back, these people are evil!

APR % Interest

Posted by: innis8 | Sep 9, 2014

Started as a great bank early 2014, Then interest rate drop every 4months, I transfer to another bank a .95% when interest drop to .79%

Saving the AMEX Way

Posted by: Rob1290 | Jul 13, 2014

I am thoroughly pleased with this online bank. I have a savings account, it doesn't return much money annually, but other than that, I am very pleased with how easy it is to use, on your computer or on the web. American Express makes it easy online to navigate through settings. I don't have to go crazy and look all over the place when locating my statements, making external transfers, viewing past transactions, etc. The page is always readable and the options are readily available and easily found. I am also happy that I don't have to pay any fees for all the simple actions like external transfers. No minimum amounts to transfer too--you can end up with no balance in your savings and it's all good. Lastly, customer service can be easily contacted and they're very knowledgeable and respectful. I would recommend this online bank to anyone, any day.

A Class Act

Everybody should have their online savings account here.  Amex doesn't do things if ways that aren't professional like so many of the other players in this marketplace.

Impressive Service

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 4, 2012

I have never written a review on this website before, but my experience with American Express online bank has been exceptional. They were most helpful via the 800 number - helping an inexperienced computer user set everything up online and in making transfers. Coming from ING, where the quickest transfer is 3 business days, American Express is normally 1 business day - a refreshing surprise.

I have read where other websites might have a slightly higher rate, but if you value helpful customer service and ease of use, then none are better in my opinion. Being retired I have spent a great deal of time researching this and feel my efforts have paid off.

Not Safe To Put Your Money In

I recently became a victim of identity theft. Someone obtained my information and went to all of my accounts and tried to wire money out. Charles Schwab suspected that something was wrong right away and informed us. Wells Fargo security was so good that the thief couldn't get the online access (despite having all the information). American Express Bank was terrible! The thief (a male) was able to call the AM bank, pretending he was me (female), and wired $15,000 out, on the same day! Whenever I deposit funds into AM bank, they needed 7 days to clear! When we finally chased the money and transferred it back to AM bank, I had already lost condifence in AM bank and wished to close the account right away, I was told by the AM bank that they had to wait 10 business days to clear the funds! The next day someone else at the bank transfered the funds back to my wells fargo accounts. All of these inconsistencies just made me believe that it was a right decision to not bank with AM bank in the future. I think enough said. I wouldn't recommend this bank to anyone.

Bad Web Interface, Poor Mobile Functionality, Disingenuous Notification Policy Or Lack Thereof

I opened an interest bearing Personal Savings Account in March 2012 knowing I would have family summertime expenses in May and June, so I had intended to make several transfers to another external account. The last 2 transfers that I executed simply *never* happened. There was no email saying the transfer did not occur, no web interface alert, no phone call from Customer Service, there was *nothing*. After the first failed transfer, I checked my account via mobile phone and saw that the website was down. Absent *any* notification, I assumed that perhaps the first of the two failed transfers were a result of the weekend outage. The following business day, I attempted another transfer and waited. For those that do not have an AMEX Savings Account, it is important to note that while walking through each step of the transfer process through the website, the completed transaction *appears* to have been executed without issue. Immediately after executing the transaction, you can even check under the "Scheduled External Transfers" weblink and the transfer shows up. After the second transfer failed to occur without notification, I called Customer Service. Initial interaction was perfunctory, but detached. After explaining my situation, the representative said that there is a Federal monthly limit on savings account transfers (6) and that I had reached my limit. After escalating my manner of communication complaining that omission of digital alerts seems less overlooked and more disingenuous, the representative admitted that many others had called and were equally apoplectic. To add insult to injury, I was informed that I would have to wait an additional 2 weeks before I could access any of the funds in the Savings Account. I'll be taking my money out of this account and I recommend others be advised before using any company that has problems digitally notifying account holders of account-related issues.

Limit On ACH Accounts

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 11, 2012

Just talked with Service Rep. American Express now limits the external accounts to three. Also, if you have three set up and want to change an external account, you can not do this on-line. You have to call customer service to get the external account deleted. Also, ACH transfers are dreadfully slow when transferring money in (not out). Your money is on hold for about 5 business days until you can use it.

They Won't Let Me Have My Money

When I first requested that my money be transferred to my bank account that I funded the AX savings account with, they made me verify my account by depositing money to my account and then having me enter the amount. After I verified my bank account, they transferred my money the next day. Well, due to Birthday and Christmas shopping, I had to request another transfer of my money (It says that you can have up to six transfers per month and this was my second). Well, I assumed that my money would be transferred just fine because the first transfer went smoothly, but no, I discovered after I recieved 3 overdraft charges from my bank that they dropped the ball. When I called to report the failed transaction, the girl said that they needed "more" verification from my bank to transfer more of MY MONEY. I told her that is ridiculous if you have already transferred my money to the account that I have already previously verified to refuse to transfer money to that account the very next day. So, I told her to close my account on December 17th, at 12:23 am. I recieved an email on the same day stating that it would take 2-3 days to recieve my money and I checked my account with AX and it showed a zero balance. I patiently waited until today, December 24th, and when I called the young girl, Jessica, said that they talked with my bank on December 19th, and were informed that my bank account was closed WHICH IS A BOLD FACE LIE! They now refuse to send my money in a check, because of policies and procedures? This company stinks, it was not worth the forty cents interest that I made in this nightmare and now because of the holiday they say that they won't be able to do anything AT ALL until December 27th. If you are certain that you won't need the money that you put in savings and are happy in taking risks that you may never see it again, then by all means, use AX.

Had A Marginal Lead In Savings APY% But Doesn't Anymore

Posted by: KRS03 | Dec 15, 2011

Kind of a bait-and-switch technique.  They garnered a substantial number of clients and funds at a good % rate above other online banks - then reduced their yield to no better (OK -- 0.01% better) than the next leader.

Not enough of a reason to go with them and it may be time to punish their small-minded thinking.

Another issue I have is that they are located in Utah -- which has a law that says that unattended accounts, inactive for a relatively short period of time, can be closed and funds sent to the state.  Possibly why they are located in this state.

So Far The Best Yet

Posted by: demichej | Dec 2, 2011

Although their interest rate has continually dropped in the past 6 months, I keep reading about horrible experiences people have had at other banks. American Express has been great. They aren't trying to steal your money. They do not charge you odd fees. You can move money around to different accounts very easily.

They have been fantastic.

Knowledgeable And Personable Customer Service!

Posted by: gllp | Aug 16, 2011

I'm shopping for bank CD's (because my credit union rate is quite low) and am worried about accountability in online banks, despite the higher rates. So, I'm on this review site and feel compelled to put in a big "plug" for American Express (Amex)! For 40 years, I've used the same top-rated non-profit Patelco Credit Union, with a fantastic free financial advisor, for most of my money mgmt because of "issues" with the big banks. I've also been a faithful believer in the Nordstrom philosophy for about 40 years! I opened an American Express card (via Costco) about a year ago and had a merchant-related scam-type problem, which Amex was absolutely fantastic in handling it expeditiously and very professionally. A few weeks ago, I opened an Amex money market account - and I was extremely impressed by the immediate availability of high-level cordial competence of the American Express rep who explained all the ramifications, pros and cons, and important points involved with whether placing a large sum in a money market was the best financial move, given my circumstances. WOW . . . I found my norstromesque online bank! They may not be offering the best prices, but I can depend on their integrity and premium quality service. Hard to put a price on my peace of mind. (I just opened an Amex 36-month CD online, but had to call the toll-free number three times for "live" help; they shine, once again! All three reps were expeditious, knowledgable, and personable! Amazing:))

If You Travel Don't Use Them

Posted by: bobyboy49 | Dec 6, 2010

I wanted to add a 4th link to transfer funds in.  You have to call to ask them to delete an existing link.  It's bee two days and it's still not done.  The limitation on the number of links is a hassell as I will then have to call them again  to reestablish it.

They have no internal messaging service so you can't leave instructions.  If you travel overseas don't use this bank as the burdern to call them and the limitation on the number of links is not worth it.  I would recommend Ally.

American Express

Posted by: Dracus | Nov 22, 2010

I have been keeping the bulk of my cash @ American Express, no hassles, fast transfers and very competive rates.... was thinking about putting 100k with Capital One, because of slightly better rate and what a bunch of bs that was. They wanted me to jump thru hoops to take my money and still made the signup incredibly difficult.  Think I'll stay with A/E

AMEX Savings Quickest ACH Transfers

Posted by: theteach | Jul 11, 2010

Hi everyone,

I switched over to AMEX savings initially for the decent yield; however, their Bank ACH transfers are amazingly fast. Within one day, I can easily transfer money between my accounts. Coming from HSBC, where transfers took three to four days, this experience has been refreshing. The account interface is also very simple and easy to use. I recommend it for anyone who wants to make sure their cash is easily accessible. No need to worry that you don't get access to an ATM for this account, since you can have access to your cash very quickly through a transfer.

Lou