Limestone Bank Reviews

Poor Customer Service

So I have been with this bank since I was in high school and I have always loved it until today. So I been off work due to the covid and my children not being able to go to school and now they are back in school I started a new job and of course not to mention im so broke I cant see straight and limestone bank tells me my electronic check that was issued by my employer is at the warehouse!!! Excuse me? It was electronic so no wharehouse should have my check. So what happened is I was over drafted because I have been so broke and they closed my account and I now have to pay the over draft fee of 80.00 before I get mny paycheck. Im boiling mad. I would never recommend this bank for anybody.

Already Not Good

My Republic Bank branch was purchased by Limestone. Already 2 strikes: I had 5 books of checks left on my old account - they replaced them with 1 book of new checks. Always when my mortgage payment fell on a non-business day (holiday or weekend) the payment would post on the following business day. Limestone now withdraws my payment up to 2 days early, in their favor rather than mine. I will be shopping around.

Limestone Worst Bank Ever

I asked my local branch to order me a box of quarters every 2 weeks. Was contacted a week later and told no because it would cost the bank money. I contacted their corporate office and expressed my concern a week ago. They never called back, but I received a letter today with a check for the balance of my account. Letter explained they were closing it with no reason why. Guess they didn’t want me as a customer because I requested a box of quarters every 2 weeks. Stay away from this bank, it doesn’t care about its customers.

Became Horrible In 2018

Worst bank I've used in 20 years was ok last year and now they shut if my card frequently takes an extra 2 days to get my check from direct deposit, doesn't give very much information on when money was taken out of account, terrible web interface. Can't use my card at a significant about of online retailers,

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK

Worst Bank Ever!!

I've been with this bank for less than a month and I'm already closing my account. It all started when their website wouldn't take my password so it locked me out. I called the customer service number that is in their site and was told that it was reset and I could use it again, which apparently wasn't the case. I then tried to log on again and still had a "locked" account. I received a call from the actual bank and they said that it had not been reset and that they would reset it for me then. So I yet again got on and did as they asked to reset my password and unlock my account. Needless to say it's been over a week now and I still can't log on. I can't see why I have a negative amount and I can't see why my whole paycheck is gone. I've called the bank repeatedly but can't get anywhere over the phone to where my money has went or why I was negative. And due to my work schedule I don't have time to drive by the bank when they are open. And on top of everything, if I want to check my balance I have to use another banks ATM because theirs won't take their own card. This is probably the worst bank I've ever used in my life. Not recommend at all.

Going Downhill Fast

I opened online accounts two decades ago (1995) with what was then known as USA Bank. At the time, they had the most competitive rates and services of the fledgling internet-only, online banks. For a long time, everything went well.

Well, I guess over a half dozen years ago they were taken over/merged/whatever with Ascencia. As the other reviewer pointed out (correctly), things didn't go well. The worst was how bunged-up the bill pay set-up changed. After about six months, they finally got it fixed.

Now, with the currrent PBI takeover, it's even worse. Rates have gotten so low they're about the lowest of anyone, but I stuck with them because I had everything setup. But the last straw was when they 'updated' their webpage about a month ago so certain, popular Android OS will no longer work, specifically Android 4.3, which is the OS that the second most popular smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S4, uses. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise because one of the service reps told me that they're now concentrating on building local B&M outlets and phasing out Ascencia products (like online banking). The trouble is, that doesn't do non-local customers much good.

Customer service was nice enough, but all they really do is apologize for the bank's problems with the vague "We've made note of your concerns". I don't think PBI management is too interested in resolving problems anytime soon (if ever), and that doesn't bode well for long-term solvency.

The bottom line is that, with the dismal interest rates, USA/Ascencia/PBI bank is simply not worth the effort, anymore. I moved all my money to Ally. It's a shame because, if you can access PBI's webpage, it is nice and easy enough to use. It's just that you can't access any part of it if you're running anything older than Android 4.5 OS on your smartphone.