SunTrust Bank Reviews

Suntrust Is Full Of Thieves

Posted by: Mirkum | Feb 8, 2016

So, I went to deposit My husbands Check at the ATM, and as I inserted the check into the ATM, it rebooted and literally ate my check. I immediately called Suntrust and explained what happened. Long story short, after a month, the bank decided that they had "lost" his check. and were going to take 460.00 of our hard earned money. I don't know about you but we live pay check to pay check. After multiple attempts to resolve the issue. All they could do was shift the blame onto the payroll company. But only after a month of associates saying that the claim was closed and that everything was resolved, all of a sudden they decide that they "lost the check" WTF is that. I mean We have the pay stub, the atm location, the time of the transaction, blah blah blah. Extremely disappointed , changing banks tomorrow morning. Beware ALL, Stay Away

DO NOT Bank At Suntrust

Posted by: normoyle | Oct 14, 2015

Long story short......Do not bank at Suntrust. They will hit you with overdraft fees by manipulating your account to show as a negative, when it actually had a positive balance. I had a remaining balance of 10.00, Suntrust did an overdraft fee of 36.00 that put me in the negative, which then created a trickle down affect. That caused me 108.00 in fees. Do not trust this bank!!!

Suntrust Bank Is Facist And Unconstitutional!

This Nazi banking corporation will CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT AND HOLD UP YOUR OWN FUNDS if they think you have made ANY purchases they deem to be politically incorrect!! This bank is in the pocket of the Obama administration and monitors PRIVATE purchases made by you. If they don't like how you spend your OWN MONEY they will shut you down and close your account!!! We can shut this Un-American corporation down if everyone pulls their accounts and boycotts SunTrust Bank!!

Why Would Anyone Bank Here

Posted by: twoboys | Jan 27, 2015

Worst experience ever with a bank. An Elder gentleman who lived through the depression told me you can't trust banks. Little did I know that Suntrust would prove him right. The Recession brought out the worst in Suntrust. I never made a late payment, as far as I know I was a perfect customer. I had to pay off my loans immediately because suntrust needed to raise cash. Thank god for our local banks.

Suntrust Is Not For The Average Earner

Having been a client and share holder of Suntrust for years, I was shocked to learn they charge my employee's $7.50 to cash a payroll check even though the payroll is drawn on my business accounts with Suntrust.When I brought this to the attention and questioned the local manager, he told me "your employee's can go to walmart and cash their payroll checks for less money" wow what a stupid answer from a "manager" really then maybe I should just do my banking with WalMart being I bring hundreds of thousands per year to Suntrust maybe the Walton family should open banks~

Today moving all my accounts to the local credit union now that they are set up for businesss banking,no more Suntrust-bye bye silly man~

Great Customer NO-Service

I have 2 bank accounts. 1 with BofA that I opened when I worked for them in 1999 and last year I opened an account with SunTrust thinking that I may eventually change banks (a real pain in the ass because of BillPay/Automatic BillPay.) and move away from BofA all together. I move money back and forth between the accounts as needed... Mostly to SunTrust since my plan was to eventually make them my only bank. Without fail SunTrust will hold my funds for 3 days before I have full access to them, which has caused me so overdraw a couple of times (at a $35 charge from SunTrust), or had online BillPay refused for insufficient funds, causing me more fees and late fees from those I am trying to pay. Yes, I know that banking laws say that it "could take up to 3 days" for funds to move between banks. Using electronic transfer I can push money from BofA to SunTrust or can pull from BofA from SunTrust. It doesn't matter which way I do it, SunTrust doesn't make the funds available for 3 days. HOWEVER, BofA shows the funds as gone the day of the transfer. To get around this I have found that I get faster access to my money (or at least part of it) if I actually write a check to myself from BofA and deposit it into SunTrust. Even with that, SunTrust puts a hold on part of my funds, even though BofA has already sent the funds to SunTrust. How do I know? The electronic image of my check is available online at BofA the very next day. If I do the reverse and move money from SunTrust to BofA, SunTrust does not release the funds for 3 days but BofA (after verifying the funds are there) makes the money available to me same day. What do I pay for this wonderful service? At SunTrust - $7.50/month unless I run 10 transactions through the account. At BofA? $0.00 with no stipulations. Totally FREE checking.

I understand exactly what SunTrust is doing from a "business" standpoint. They are using my money, free of charge, for the legal limit. However, from a "customer service" standpoint, they suck. A prime example of the bottom line taking precedence over your customers. This is why I will never keep more then the minimum amount necessary in SunTrust. I may even look for someone else for my second account. Hey SunTrust... Way to take care of your customers!!

BEWARE OF SUN TRUST ATM's *** DO NOT USE FOR DEPOSITS *** BRADLEY PARK DRIVE- COLUMBUS, GA.

Posted by: denlions | May 31, 2012

IF THE NEW ATM'S THAT ARE BEING PLACED @ SUN TRUST BANKS AND ARE OWNED AND OPERATED BY BRINKS, YES BRINKS , NOT SUN TRUST, IF THESE ATM'S MALFUNCTION AND EAT YOUR DEPOSIT, IT CAN TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS TO GET THE ISSUE RESOLVED. IT IS A NIGHTMARE THAT I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF RIGHT NOW. THE ATM'S ARE MANUFACTURED BY NCR AND EVEN THOUGH WHEN YOU PULL UP TO ONE THE SCREEN READS WELCOME TO SUNTRUST, IT DOES NOT SAY , WELCOME TO BRINKS, AND WHEN FINISHED IT READS, THANK YOU FOR BANKING WITH SUN TRUST, SHOULD BE SUN NO TRUST !!! AFTER THE ATM ATE MY CASH DEPOSIT ON MEMORIAL DAY, 05/28/2012, @ 1645 BRADLEY PARK DRIVE, COLUMBUS, GA., I WAS TOLD BY JASON @ THIS BRANCH ON TUESDAY, 05/29/2012, THAT THE ATM IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY BRINKS AND THAT THEY ONLY COME TO MAINTAIN AND EMPTY THE ATM ONCE PER WEEK, AND I WOULD HAVE TO COME IN AND SIGN A DISPUTE FORM AND AN INVESTIGATION WOULD HAVE TO BE DONE AND IT COULD TAKE UP TO ONW WEEK, BUT WAS USUALLY RESOLVED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. SO I WAITED A COUPLE OF DAYS AND CALLED THE 1-800 # THAT HANDLES THE INVESTIGATIONS, WHICH I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS BEING PROCESSED AND COULD TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS. OMG !!! YOU CAN NOT TELL ME THAT THESE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IS IN THESE ATM'S AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT !!! I WILL NEVER USE AN ATM FOR A DEPOSIT AGAIN, AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT AS SOON AS THIS MATTER IS RESOLVED, I WILL BE LOOKING ELSEWHERE FOR MY BANKING NEEDS !!!

Worst Bank Ever!

Posted by: nsd1022 | Dec 21, 2014

BEWARE!!! I've been dealing with Suntrust for 10 years and they havent got any better. The bank use to cash my payroll check, all of a sudden they stopped and wanted to put a hold on the checks fror days at a time. Ive never over drafted in 10 years yet they wont even cash half and hold half like some other banks. The worst customer service EVER! Completely useless people that work there that just brush you off. And to top it off I logged onto my online banking to find out my account had been closed without my permission or acknowledgment and the money disappeared. No phone calls or emails offering an explanation. Of course it happened on a weekend and they arent open sundays to answer my questions.
USE A DIFFERENT BANK!!!

Suntrust Confiscated All Money In Checking Account

Posted by: DonRob | Jun 27, 2014

In Dec of 2013, my father opened a checking
account, using their web site. He asked for checks & a debit card. My father is over 80 yrs old. I was going to be beneficiary, on the account. SunTrust called my father on the phone and asked him several questions. He apparently got confused, and give them different info than we had discussed. They then closed the account, claiming fraud and will not return the money. Only one transaction took place in the account. A deposit of over $10,000. We have gone in and talked with the branch mgr, who passed the buck, saying we had to call an 800 #. That # would just put us on hold, or refer us back to the branch. We were also told the money was still at another bank. Which Wells Fargo says is not true. My elderly father has just given up at this point. So, I'm wondering what to do now. Any suggestions?

Suntrust Confiscated All Money In Checking Account

Posted by: DonRob | Jun 27, 2014

In Dec of 2013, my father opened a checking

Customers Come LAST at SunTrust

Posted by: margaret | Aug 4, 2011

My mother recently went into long-term care and my siblings and I have had to go through a lengthy and onerous process to qualify her for Medicaid. Part of the process involves securing bank statements for the past five years. Since my mother has six bank accounts, we had the experience of dealing with six different banks. The customer service at most of these was friendly and accommodating. Two banks provided the statements for free and mailed them to us. In contrast, the customer service representative at SunTrust was officious and even rude. Moreover, SunTrust charges $5 for each back statement and, at this exploitative rate, requires that you return to the bank at a later date to retrieve them. I would not advise anyone to have anything to do with SunTrust.  Clearly, the bank's motto is "The customer comes last."

SUNTRUST Overdraft Fee, Even After I Disabled That Option!!!

Even after I disabled the option for overdraft fees, Suntrust still let small payments go through and then charged me $36 per item which then became $109 and 2 weeks ago they did the same thing.

When I called my branch manager he had no expanation and said that the regional manager would call me on Monday morning and he never did!  I called back and left a message with a teller. Did not hear back at all!

Suntrust is a bunch of crooks and I am pulling out of there.

Trust My Ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: hahahell | Jun 19, 2012

Suntrust has stole money out my account and it's not the first time. I tried talking to supervisors I spoke to three people before I got any results I'd rather go old fashion and use a damn piggy bank.

A Nightmare

Posted by: mypaycheck | Jan 5, 2012

I went into Suntrust on December 29, 2011 to open a Checking Account. AThe Teller opened the account and took my payroll check as my first deposit. The Teller was very attentive and very helpful at that time. She explained to how to setup my online banking and also told me that I would be able to see the deposit online the following day Friday December 30, 2011, but the funds would not be available until Satuday morning December 31,2011.  Here's where it gets interesting! Keep in mind I deposited my paycheck. When I received the access code to setup my Online Banking on Friday morning, I was able to get into my account. However, the balance was 0 and the deposit I made the night before with my payroll check was not there. A little puzzled.... I contacted the bank and spoke with the Teller that opened my account and explained to her that the deposit from the previous night was not reflected in my account. The Teller was not as attentive and helpful as she was the night before. As a matter of fact, she rushed me off the phone and told me that I would not see the deposit unitl Saturday morning, even though she told me on Thursday that I would see it on Friday. On Saturday morning I tried logging into my Online Banking and received error messages after trying to login 5 times to no avail I contacted the 1-800# for the Onlne Banking Customer Service Dept and the Customer Support person told me that my account was closed on Friday because it did not pass the verification process????? I was perplexed and dismayed because I was never told by the teller that such a process existed and you would think that something like that would come up while your opening the account at the Branch, not 2 days later. Not to mention I never received a phone call or email stating that Suntrust had closed the account for whatever reason.  Okay peolple.... I'm now LIVID and BROKE on New Years Eve! I just wanted my paycheck back. So I went back to the Branch to get my check back. However, Suntrust gave me the finger once again. I was told that they COULD not release my paycheck or give me any of my money because the "Department" that release said funds was closed until Tuesday, January 2, 2012. I wonder if they will give me back my paycheck with interest.  It is now January 5th 2012 and I'm still waiting on Suntrust Bank to return my paycheck from 12/29/11. I received nothing...... I know one thing for certain, the 2 branches in Douglasville are in need of new management. The branch managers are incompite Their customer services skills are non-existing. The Arbor Place, Douglasville, Ga branch manager Andrea Woods is an absolute waste. My husband and I spent an hour in the bank pleading with the Service Rep. For help with our issue, to the point that I was in tears. She walked past us, stood next to us as she was discussing her holiday with one of the other workers. She could clearly hear everything we were saying to the Service Rep., she didn't even acknowledge our situation. Never even offered to assist us in any way. In other words she completey ignored us! Oh yeah! To this day... No letter, no phone call or an email from Suntrust telling me that they closed the account. BEWARE! THIS IS THE WORST BANK EVER!

I CONCUR!!! WORST BANK EVER!!!

Posted by: J_Taylor | Apr 13, 2012

OMG I concur!!! Suntrust is the worst bank ever. I opened an account for my then foster daughter to implement Independent Living and guide her in the right direction. To make a long story short, one of her so-called friends handed her a check from a closed account. Mind you, the check was clearly written out for One Hundred Fifty and No cents ($150) however, someone decided to write another (1) in front of the amount, making the total $1,150. Now if the teller took the time to "LOOK" at the check, she would've noticed the descrepancy. Not only that, my daughter barely had $100 in her account. Instead, the teller easily distributed the money no questions asked. The $1,150 was taken out of "MY" account and Suntrust Bank didn't want to hear a damn thing I had to say because they got their money. My foster daughter of course received an ear full, her checking account was closed shortly after and her so-called friends were not allowed to step foot in my driveway. I wouldnt recommend Suntrust Bank to ANYONE!!!!!.

This Bank Is A Joke

We switched over from Bank of America b/c we had issues with the customer service. I had banked here before and it was good. But since opening this new account we have had nothing but trouble. They put double charges on our account then say it is the merchants fault we call the merchants and they show only one. So the bank says they will refund us. Then they I over draft my account a month later saying oh it was just a hold. Bs.... so we are going back to Bank of America.

Same Name Of The Bank....Suntrust...Think Again!

Posted by: louis24 | Jun 16, 2011

I opened a custodian SunTrust account for my son while we were visiting Florida.  When I returned home to Georgia, I was told that SunTrust Bank in Florida was not authorized to do transactions with Georgia banks, at that time. However, they were the same bank.  Therefore, I opened another account in Georgia, so I would have access to his money when the bank receives authorization to do business in Georgia.  After I found out that they could do business in Georgia, I decided to keep both accounts separated.  When my son turned 18 years old, I went to the bank to find out how to avoid service fees.  The customer service representative suggested to do a monthly transaction to the account, and the representative set it up for me.  When my son started working, I went to convert the account to a checking account, and I found out my $200 account was -$200.  They charged me monthly insufficient fees for not maintaining the minimum balance and excessive withdrawal fees because the account had more than the maximum withdrawals allowed.  I showed the branch manager at three different locations in Georgia the paperwork where the customer service representative did it for me, and I was told that I have to get it settled with Florida SunTrust because my account was opened in Florida.  Moreover, my son's first chance to start an independent bank experience with SunTrust turned out to be to the worst bank experience.

ACCOUNT UPDATE INFORMATION

Posted by: BAGLADIE | Aug 27, 2012

I HAVE RECEIVED NUMEROUS EMAILS FROM THIS "BANK", TELLING ME I HAD TO "UPDATE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ON MY ACCOUNT".....I DO NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER, HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THESE PEOPLE.....THEY ARE LOCATED IN TENNESSE.......I AM 3000 MILES AWAY......AN OUT-IN-OUT SCAM...........I ALSO REPORTED THEN TO THE FEDERAL BANKING BOARD.....

Don't Trust Suntrust

Posted by: Kyleroll | Sep 9, 2014

I'm currently waiting to hear why SunTrust Bank decided to send my COBRA payments to a different company and address than I set up the account for with online bill pay and without telling me. I was on the phone nearly an hour with the farmed-out HR department just to confirm I had the right address. And I'm a SunTrust retiree (I could no longer take the hostile work environment) who didn't even get an exit interview.

How I Feel About Suntrust

Posted by: Atalise | Jul 7, 2015

Suntrust is a fairly local bank with its own mobile app and easy-to-use deposit system. Each time I go grocery shopping, I just open the Suntrust mobile app and check my balance to ensure I have enough to spend at the grocery store. Although its deposit/withdrawal system is easy to understand and use, there are not many Suntrust banks, as they keep closing due to mobile access--which forces many to use the app, which isn't bad--but it's hard to adjust to.

Suntrust Is Untrust

Posted by: pammie | Jun 27, 2015

I had $7,646 stolen out of my IRA by SunTrust. They admitted that they put it back in my IRA. However when I checked to find the balance, it was not there. Apparently, they created a new IRA and put it there. Why? They are being sued left and right. I have asked for documentation on the transaction, as it can only be done at the branch. The branch is refusing to give it to me. I do have proof, however, that they forged my name on 2 other documents. Their real name is UNTrust and the "S" stands for....well....you fill it in.

On Line Service Rarely Works

Posted by: 6yuiop | Aug 6, 2014

It is a nightmare to try to get on the SunTrust web site. I don't have this problem with any of the other banks I deal with.

The one thing you can trust with SunTrust is that there will be problems with the web site.

Don't Trust Suntrust

Why is it that Suntrust is the only bank to ever put a hold on my paychecks?

After they continue to clear, zero have bounced, they still continue to needlessly put five day holds on my payroll checks.

The in branch staff are friendly, and do what they can, although they do not have the authority to unblock a check, even after it was cleared and payed out to Suntrust. It is their "Loss Prevention" department, who only work bankers hours.

A bank that holds on to your hard earned money for no reason is absolutely useless.

Why Not A Negative Star Option?

Posted by: mein37203 | Sep 19, 2012

I have been with Suntrust for the past 12 years.  We've had our ups and downs, but lately it has gotten to the point where I have opened an account at another bank.  When I opened the account, I had a $3000 minimum balance, free checks, free incoming wires, free cashier's checks, free ATM use anywhere in any network, and funds were generally released the next business day.  It was one of the better accounts at the time as far as services go.  In addition, I still received paper statements as well as my actual cancelled checks.

Shortly after opening the account, I quit receiving statements in the mail.  For over a year, I had no statements, no online visibility of my account, and had to go to Suntrust every month to get them to print a statement.  Since I was not signed up for image checks, there was no way to get copies of the cancelled checks.  Because of that, I was essentially forced to enroll in image checks, which I did.  It wasn't the end of the world and I knew eventually that would be the only option.  Finally, I had visibility of my account online as well as the ability to print statements. But, still no image checks visible online.  I would still have to go to the bank each month to get them to print my image check pages out.  After a few months, they decided they wanted to start charging me $5/month to get my image checks from them.  Well, if they actually mailed them or made them visible online, there would be no need for me to go into the bank and get copies.  I went rounds with them for several months and they finally told me they would continue to do it for free as long as I kept a minimum $5000 balance.  So, I did that.

Eventually they added Bill Pay online, which was great.......except every check they mailed out on my behalf had the wrong checking account number on it, so all of those checks the first month bounced all over town as a "closed account."  I spent 2 days picking up bad checks and paying fees and paying cash to keep from getting utilities cut off.  All of this because Suntrust printed the wrong checking account number on the checks they themselves mailed out on my behalf.  They profusely apologized and refunded the fees I had to pay to various people.  Of course, I was still out my time and missed work.  Finally, after enrolling in Bill Pay, I miraculously started receiving copies of image checks both in the mail and online.  Apparently whatever the problem was got corrected at the same time they corrected the account number on the checks they were mailing out.  Nobody could ever explain why I wasn't receiving anything online or in the mail in the past, because everytime they checked the account, all appropriate boxes were checked.  At this point, I didn't care - I was just happy to receive image statements.

Things were fine for a few years and I even went so far as to recommending them to other people.

But about a year ago, things started going downhill again.  The first thing I noticed was the normal 24 hour hold on funds had changed to 3-day.  It then changed to 5-day and on some items even 7-day.  Then, they instituted a 2-day hold on cash deposits.  Cash?  Ok, I can deal with that as I never ever get close to the minimum balance required in the account.  However, I did question them at one time over the new hold policy on checks and they lied to me and said it had always been that way.  Apparently I'm an idiot who has no clue what has been going on in their bank account the past 10 years or so.

They have since made additional changes to the terms and have instituted additional fees with no notification.  Just in the past few months, I've been hit with a check printing fee, numerous ATM fees while on vacation and using a non-Suntrust ATM (something that had never been a problem in the past), and an in-coming wire fee.

Enough is enough.

Suntrust is a good balance of local bank with national features

Posted by: HoJo | Jun 1, 2015

I've been with Suntrust for over 15 years, now, and I continue to be reasonably pleased with their service. I enjoy having the national bank features such as mobile banking, bill pay, and mobile deposit, but while still being able to go into a local branch and deal with friendly tellers and loan officers if needed.

I find Suntrust's rates to be reasonably competitive, though it would always be nice to be able to earn a little more interest on my money. I also find Suntrust branches to be conveniently located -- I never have to drive terribly far to find a branch or an ATM if I need one. It's easy to open a new account if needed, and Suntrust offers a variety of savings accounts, CDs, money market plans, etc. to choose from.

I have received many offers to switch banks, but I stick with Suntrust. I've been pleased with my service and I know I can trust Suntrust not to nickel and dime me with hidden fees and new charges.

Unhappy Customer After Over 8 Years Of Banking.

Posted by: bactr357 | Mar 22, 2014

I was charged over 500 in overdraft fees by suntrust for a teller crediting a bad check to my account.To my understanding other banks have automatic check scan machines up front to scan all customer checks before deposit.Why don't suntrust have this machine too?They deposit a bad check to a customer account and confirm it is credited then call them four days later to say the check came back and the account is overdrawn.They now send me collection letters for a check they confirmed was credited to my account.Please don't bank with suntrust,they intentionally credits a bad check to your account and expects you to pay fees.

Questionable Communication Among Sun Trust Bank Employees And Departments

I am very new to Sun Trust Bank. I bought a condo in Fla. and wanted to open a Bank Account with a local bank which happened to be Sun Trust.  At First it was a pleasure working with this bank as long as the banking does not become complicated and needs comunication between departments on policy proceedures concerning accounts, then it became a nightmare for me and it continues.  The communiction between bank customer representatives is totally unacceptable and has actually made me ill when I am told one thing by one Sun Trust Customer Representative and then it is totally contradicted by another Sun Trust Bank Customer representative.  I need a Bank that works well with its customers and so far I have not found that to be true with Sun Trust Bank. RC in Vermont

Overdraft Questions

Posted by: btwint | Feb 13, 2013

So my wife and I have been living pretty tight for a few years. Every now and then we will overdraft our account and suntrust obviouslly charges us a $36 overdraft fee. I have called several times to speak with them b/c in back a few years ago when the banks were required to ask if their customer if they accepted or declined overdraft coverages, I DECLINED IT. I was told that was not the case and I have not really put up a big fight about it. Well tonight we got hit with a fee and it just didnt seem right on how the debits were arranged to cause this account to overdraft more than once.

I am quite frustrated with this and I decieded to research my decision to decline the service. Well I found the setting in my account that shows if you are enrolled or not and all my accounts have DECLINED checked and it gives a date as to when this decision was made and the date is 8/13/2010.

My question is now what. They have covered atleast 15 overdrafts over the past 2 years and I never agreed to this service. Infact I declined it b/c my thought was I would rather be declined then charged $36 per transaction. Should I go after all these charges b/c I declined this service and will I have a good case with them.

I dont know where to start but if I can stick it to them for doing this I would love to. We are talking about over $500 worth of fees that I didnt authorize. Any suggestions?

A below average bank

Posted by: Meago | Apr 2, 2015

I would say that sun trust isn't the best bank they are below average from my experiences they are a little too pricey with transactions and such and the costumer service could be better. Awhile ago someone had got a hold of my bank account info so that made me feel that they are not that secure so I decided on my own to quit using their service it would also take them forever to accept my direct deposit.

Great bank to be associated with

Posted by: Darmander | Feb 11, 2015

I have had many experiences with Suntrust and it is always a pleasure. They have always helped me in a time of need and will answer any and all questions that I have in regards to banking with them. I have a student account with Suntrust and this means that as long as I have a minimum of $300 in the bank, I will not be charged any fees. This is really great because I use my debit card for many different reasons and I would really hate to have unnecessary fees. If I happen to fall below the $300 minimum, they only take a $4 fee for that month! I have asked them to review a fee and explain to me why I was charged and what I could do to prevent this from happening in the future. The bank teller told me of many different types of accounts that I can have set up to avoid fees. Personally, the student account is my best option. I have had to go there for help on establishing my financial aid (paper work and a notary) which I got situated at the bank then later brought to the school. They are always nice and friendly and they are the best for my financial needs.

Satisfied Customer for over 10 years!

My current bank is Suntrust. When I first opened my account with them, they were under a different name - CCB. I was 18 years old, and this was my first checking account. I've been with them ever since, and have never had any problems or complaints.

There is one teller in particular who always calls us by name and asks specific personal questions. You can tell she takes an interest in their customers. She is awesome! Once, our debit card info. was stolen, and I was telling her about it. She happened to remember another customer from earlier in the day have the same thing happen and asked us to mention a few places we used that card. We told her, and one restaurant in particular stuck out. The other customer that was a victim went there also! We were able to alert the restaurant owner, and they tracked down the employee and fired him. It was all because of the teller that took a genuine interest in her customers.

I'll never forget, one time, around Christmas, a charge went through that I wasn't expecting. This caused almost $200 in overdraft fees alone. I was so stressed out. I called their CS to see if there was anything they could do. They told me that as a one time courtesy, they could waive those fees. Talk about an answered prayer!

Also, every time there has been suspicious activity on my account, they've alerted me. We were almost a victim of ID theft 2-3 times, and their monitoring caught it before it was too late.

I have nothing but good things to say about them. I'll continue to be a loyal customer as long as they're in business!

Suntrust Bank is Helpful

I have been with Suntrust for a little over two years, and I don't have any plans of changing banks. They offer everything I need and do it for free as well. My experience with Suntrust is a good one. I haven't had any issues that they didn't warn me about or I wasn't informed of. Their ATMs are super user friendly and very intuitive, and I have never had an issue with putting money in the bank or resolving my issues. The only problem I have ever had is when their website goes down for maintenance and I cannot check my balance. They also have great customer service and are very friendly people. It doesn't matter which branch I go to, I never have any problems and I can expect to be helped efficiently.

The great bank

Posted by: jasosebee | Jan 5, 2015

Sun Trust Bank is really a great bank, they offer free checking accounts as well as free savings accounts as long as you have direct deposit. They have their own credit cards. The staff is very professional and very friendly.They treat you like family and always respect you. They call and check to see if there is anything they can do for you.If you have questions about anything they are there to help you.Sun Trust banking hours are great, they are open until 4 pm on the weekends, which is great, it really makes life a little less hectic.You can even pay your bills on line with their on line banking, i really love this because i do not have to leave my home to pay my bills.

Excellent Customer Service

Posted by: JasonD | Dec 30, 2014

I have been banking with Suntrust for six years and have always been very satisfied. They helped me to apply for and recieve a secure credit card to help build my credit score. Later, they provided me with a small loan so that I could purchase a new car. Even though my credit score was poor, they approved me for a low interest loan due to the fact that I had been a loyal customer in the past. Their loan specialists are very skilled and professional, and seem to have a real affinity for helping the customer. About two years ago, I had my debit card stolen. Suntrust put a hold on the card immediately, and I wasn't responsible for any of the fraudulent charges that had been made up until that point, I was very relieved by the actions that they took to resolve the situation. Suntrust charges a very reasonable fee to maintain a checking account, and if you also open a savings account with them, they will waive the maintenance fee. Friendly staff and numerous locations in the area, Suntrust represents everything I want in an easy and dependable banking service.

Great customer service!

I had opened up an employee checking account with SunTrust and with that account the fees were waived for me. I later left that job and the fees were supposed to start after I left that particular job, but the person I was working with at my local branch extended an offer to continue to waive the fees so I didn't have to bank elsewhere. The customer service at my local branch has always been extremely helpful and friendly. I didn't want to leave this bank so I was very glad I had the opportunity presented to me to stay without the checking fees.

Not happy with their Tarpon Springs branch

I lived in St Petersburg Florida and used the wonderful branches in that area,but I moved to Tarpon Springs and its like night and day. I love their bank, its all over my area,but it still has that small bank feel to it. I noticed as soon as I moved that the closest branch to my area was not in the best area, and although that is okay, with in the confinements of my car, its not okay when I am walking around with business accounts cash flow, which is sometimes over five thousand dollars. I love their tellers and the down to earth feeling of the branch, even though the building was kind of old, its okay because its in a historical district and has history. I do not however like the homeless that hang out in that area and pan handle in front of the bank. I may have caught it at a bad time,but I feel like its always like that in that area. I recently stopped going to that branch and although I have other accounts at different institutions, I find myself traveling just a bit further to do business with the older branch of this bank. I have no other issues with this bank except for the Tarpon Branch

Just Another Corporate Fat Cat

Posted by: Anonymous | Dec 19, 2011

So, I recently obtained an auto loan with Suntrust. When I contacted them to find out if I could pay this loan online (give them my money faster), they informed me that unless I opened additional accounts with them, I had to pay by paper coupon only or accept a $15.00 "convenience fee" per monthly payment. So they want to charge me $900 over the life of a 60 month loan for the convenience of giving them my money early.

I Am Leaving Suntrust For Another Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 30, 2011

I am leaving Suntrust for another bank. I have been with SunTrust since the mid 70's and am a good customer. I do not overdraft and would love to stay with them, but because my husband and I cannot do direct deposit, and I may fall below $500.00 in my checking acct., they will be charging me $7.00 a month. I asked them why the big change and several branches said that it was to improve their relationship with the customer. How can taking advantage of me needing to use my own money by charging me and not considering my long term commitment with them make for a good relationship. NO WAY!!!! They just want to use my $500. And don't care that our jobs do not offer direct deposit. Well so be it. They are just a loan SHARK just like the rest of the big banks. I will go to a community bank and be treated with respect. The more customers allow big banks to take advantage of them the more they will do it. I hope more people will take a stand against big bank unjustified fees.

Worst Bank On The Planet

While traveling from my home in Texas to California, I lost my wallet on the train on Thursday. I immediately called Suntrust and agreed to pay $25 to have a new debit card overnighted to me, as I was scheduled to fly back to my home in Texas just 3 days later on Saturday evening. I was very happy to pay the $25 for overnight shipping to my hotel in California. The debit card didn't arrive on Friday though as it was supposed to. I called suntrust to see what happened and was told that they don't even offer overnight shipping on cards. Only 2 to 3 BUSINESS days. Which means that myy card was on it's way to california scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, which my flight back home to Texas is three days PRIOR on Saturday. Obviously I was livid, and demanded a refund of the $25 and to talk to a manager. I was told there were no managers there and that one would call me the next day. Of course, nobody from suntrust called me the next day. So i called back on Sunday from my home in texas and spoke to a manager finally. This manager tells me that it is going to be delivered to my hotel in California on tuesday. She refused to listen to the recorded phone call where i was lied to about the overnight shipping and she refused to give me a refund. She said I would need to call back again on Monday to talk to customer service and have them refund the fee. She also wanted to charge me $25 AGAIN to have yet another sent to me in texas at my home, since I'm back from vacation now. I told them to keep the damn card and withdrew all my money and switched financial institutions for good. This was the worst experience of my life in dealing with a bank. The people who answer their calls are like robots that could care less about the customer experience.

Suntrust Bank Is Friendly And Helpful

Our family has held Suntrust accounts for years, and we won't ever change as long as they continue the service they have provided us in those years.  Our local branch employees are extremely nice and helpful. They greet me by name when I come through the drive-through and always remember that my children like lollipops.  The 800 number personnel are always efficient and friendly and help in whatever way is needed.  I could go on and on about this bank.  They are clearly doing something right in a time when customer service seems to be an afterthought for many companies/businesses.

My Suntrust Experience

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 9, 2012

I opened my account(s) with Sun Trust in August of 2010, and have never been more satisfied with a bank in my entire life. The only thing that I wish could be improved is the wait time to speak to a customer service representative on the phone, however my visit to a branch is always quick and refreshing in comparison to my other banks. I would encourage everyone to check out what SunTrust has to offer and keep in mind that things will happen no matter what bank you go to, no bank can be absolutely perfect.

No Help From Rude Customer Representatives

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 26, 2012

Customer service reps need additional training, because after three calls, all three were extremely rude and offered no assistance at all. My experience would not even rate a half of a star on this rating system, however, in order to post this review I have to at least check one. Guess this is the way they get their stars.

An Employee

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 11, 2011

I dealt with an employee by the name of Jill L. on the telephone today. I just wanted you to know what a fine person she is. She was helpful and informed. I was upset and she put me at ease. She is a compliment to your company. I. Crossley

WORSE BANK YOU CAN HAVE

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 9, 2011

VERY BAD BANK....

New Customers

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 28, 2011

We just opened accounts at Suntrust, and so far, I am not impressed. We were told that our first 100 checks would be free. Of course we were billed anyway, and we had to call ourselves to correct it. Seems like a pretty simple thing that they could do. Next, my husband has now received THREE (3) ATM cards....why we do not know.

Impressed/Disappointed

Posted by: Anonymous | Aug 25, 2012

My mom and Dad have had checking, savings, CDs, and Money Market accounts with SunTrust for several years. About 5 years ago, after my Dad passed away and my mom's health began to decline I began handling their finances. I was so impressed with the employees at one of the branches in Florence, Alabama that I was seriously considering moving my personal finances to SunTrust. I found the employees to be helpful, efficient, and professional; however, on a few occasions, due to convenience, I had to visit another branch of SunTrust in Florence, AL and was amazed at the difference in the service. I was shocked to see individuals who work there with tattoos on their necks, unprofessional attire, and reputations in the community that are revoking. It was obvious that some of the male and female employees had relationships that went beyond the work setting. I felt so insulted that after my experiences, I moved most of my mom's affairs to other institutions or investments. She continues to have a few of accounts with SunTrust, but when the time is right, I will close those accounts as well. I will say however, that the original branch in Florence continues to exhibit a professional atmosphere; however, I'm sure it is just a matter of time that the standards will decline there as well, whether it is from a transfer from the neighboring branch, or poor judgment within management when interviewing and hiring personnel.

This Bank Likes To Charge A Fee If You Get Under $5,000. For Even 15 Minutes During The Month.

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 28, 2011