Zeal Credit Union Reviews

Terrible Service And A Rip Off

Hey Everyone, this credit union should be investigated like someone mentioned. I refinanced a car with them. I paid my car on time for 3 years. They forced their high insurance on me and added into my note. I refused to pay for their forced insurance but continued paying my car note on time. Since I wasn't paying their insurance, they repossessed my car. I paid 3vyears on time for nothing. They also ruin my credit. Don't go there first cars. They will give you a loan quick but the penalty afterward is not worth it. Come to find out that a lot of banks are during the same and now being sued under a class action lawsuit. Don't go to Zeal. And please don't deal with Nina Brooks. She was terrible. I give thumbs down to Zeal Credit Union. Please people, this is a warning. Don't go there.

Terrible Service

I have an auto loan through Zeal and they make it next to impossible to pay them. They don't allow you to set up auto-pay unless you bank with them (which you SHOULDN'T because then ALL your financial endeavors would be terrible) and when you call to pay, they put you on hold for over an hour. When someone finally comes on the line, they make you verify who you are by asking literally 15 questions - dude, if someone wants to PAY MY BILL... LET THEM!!!!!!

Horrible Bank

This bank needs to be investigated for banking fraud. The executive staff moves money around within the bank and threatens employees. Anyone who banks here is supporting unethical and illegal activity.

Bad Service

Posted by: RuthJ1 | Aug 25, 2015

I tried calling the local branch where I have my account and a relationship with the team there but you are no longer able to call the branch's directly and have to call the 800 number, where I spoke to a representative who was very short with me and of no help with my issue this new Zeal is less than passionate towards there customers.

Over Draft Protection Or Lack Of

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 28, 2012

I have been a Co-Op services member for almost 20 years, and in general have always been happy with all services offered and the execution of these services........
I have recently decided to close all accounts and shift service to another bank based on one
reason..... and this happens once every year to 2 years.
They refuse to offer any draft protection that draws from you savings account. The offer a service
(so they call it ) that if you over draft they pay it anyway and merely charge you 30.00. Well this
is how that service really works ( mostly for them ). Your over draft goes through and places your account in the negative ( for good reason, you over drafted ) and now every charge or withdraw you make until you figure out you have over drafted gets its own 30.00 fee. So you can easily rack up 100-200.00 in fees over a week end until you figure it out, and the charge may have been a bunch of 5.00, 15.00 charges, each one still gets a 30.00 fee.
The old way was they would not put it through, you would be charged by them and the business (okay two charges) but at least your small charges are still covered. In other words they allow you to drain your account through honest mistake , and take advantage of it. (my cases were automatic yearly withdrawals that I missed)
When asked to go to savings protected over draft, I have been told each year for 4 years, " we don't have it, they are working on getting that instituted"......REALLY! 4 YEARS and can't institute a savings protection? Oh but wait... they did institute a LINE OF CREDIT protection this year, you can apply for a line of credit and that will protect your over draft.....again REALLY! Do you think we are total idiots? They are manipulating us into getting lines of credit that they hope we will run up for all kinds of reason other then overdraft, and this is possible but not savings overdraft?