Zeal Credit Union Reviews

Issue with saving bonds needed to be cashed.

I had had a credit union account for ten years. I had previously left Bank of America because always had to wait 7 days for my pay checks to be cashed. Also the return on my savings account was much less at the bank then what the credit union was offering. Then my grandmother passed and i found myself with needing to cash bonds i inherited. When went to my credit union with my bonds i was in disbelief when i was told only a bank could cash them. So i stated that i no longer need an account here because if i have to have a bank cash them well i may as well invest my money there. Since i will have to open an account. So the story ends i have been with PNC bank for 5 years now.

Terrible Service And A Rip Off

Hey Everyone, this credit union should be investigated like someone mentioned. I refinanced a car with them. I paid my car on time for 3 years. They forced their high insurance on me and added into my note. I refused to pay for their forced insurance but continued paying my car note on time. Since I wasn't paying their insurance, they repossessed my car. I paid 3vyears on time for nothing. They also ruin my credit. Don't go there first cars. They will give you a loan quick but the penalty afterward is not worth it. Come to find out that a lot of banks are during the same and now being sued under a class action lawsuit. Don't go to Zeal. And please don't deal with Nina Brooks. She was terrible. I give thumbs down to Zeal Credit Union. Please people, this is a warning. Don't go there.

Terrible Service

I have an auto loan through Zeal and they make it next to impossible to pay them. They don't allow you to set up auto-pay unless you bank with them (which you SHOULDN'T because then ALL your financial endeavors would be terrible) and when you call to pay, they put you on hold for over an hour. When someone finally comes on the line, they make you verify who you are by asking literally 15 questions - dude, if someone wants to PAY MY BILL... LET THEM!!!!!!

Horrible Bank

This bank needs to be investigated for banking fraud. The executive staff moves money around within the bank and threatens employees. Anyone who banks here is supporting unethical and illegal activity.

Bad Service

I tried calling the local branch where I have my account and a relationship with the team there but you are no longer able to call the branch's directly and have to call the 800 number, where I spoke to a representative who was very short with me and of no help with my issue this new Zeal is less than passionate towards there customers.