Update 6/1/11: The rate and balance cap has fallen. Refer to the bottom of the post for the rate history.
- 3.25% APY on balances up to $15,000
- 1.01% on portion of balances above $15,000
- 0.05% base rate if qualifications are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $25 per cycle and $4.99 per transaction
The monthly requirements include:
- 15 check card purchases
- One direct deposit
- Receive electronic statements
There are no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements regardless of meeting the above requirements.
Credit union membership is open to members of the Consumers United Association, and the association is open to any Colorado resident. The Association has a membership fee of $5. You can be eligible to join the credit union without the association membership if you're 55 or older and living within 25 miles of a Sooper Credit Union branch. Employees of King Soopers and City market are also eligible. Please refer to the credit union's how to join page for the full details.
Branches are located in Denver, Arvada, Aurora, Colorado Springs and Grand Junction, Colorado. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 62776).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 04/01/11: 3.25% APY up to $15K
- 01/01/10: 3.25% APY up to $25K
- 08/10/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K; 1.01% APY over; 0.05% base