Update 7/12/2011: The rates has fallen. Please refer to the bottom for the rate history.
|1.00*%||-||$25k||The Community State Bank||Smart Reward Checking|
|OTHER TIERS: 0.50% → $25k+|
The Community State Bank is offering a reward checking account called Smart Rewards Checking. It has the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met: (as of 11/7/2011)
- 2.02% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.50% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.15% base rate if monthly requirements are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide without limit
- 10 Visa check card purchases
- 1 automatic payment or direct deposit
- Access online banking
- Receive e-statements
- $150 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
It's a small bank with five branches in Latimer and Le Flore County, Oklahoma. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1970 (FDIC Certificate # 20279).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
I just posted on some recent updates and issues with reward checking accounts in this post.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
07/12/11: 2.02% APY up to $25K; 0.50% over; 0.15% base
06/01/10: 3.01% APY up to $25K
07/16/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K
07/06/09: 5.05% APY up to $25K; 1.01% over; 0.25% base