- Requires a deposit of $5K by 3/31/06 and maintain at least $5K for 90 days.
- Interest rate goes way down on balances below $5K. Currently it's only 1% APY.
- Balances under $1.5K result in a $15 monthly fee.
- There doesn't seem to be an account closure fee, however, if the account is closed before interest is credited, accrued interest for that statement period will not be paid.
- It was mentioned on this FW thread that the MetLife does a hard credit inquiry of Experian during the application process.
MetLife's Money Market Account does have a few benefits such as a free ATM Card and up to $5 monthly reimbursements for fees incurred at non-MetLife Bank ATMs. Also, the first order of standard checks are free.