Update 7/22/10: The top rate has fallen to 2.00% APY.
Point Loma Credit Union is offering a reward checking account called Ultra Rewards. The account offers the following features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 2.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.25% APY on balances over $25,000
- ATM fees refunded up to $10 per month
Rates are listed at the credit union's rate table as of 5/17/09. The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- one direct deposit
- receive e-statements
This account is not available to members with AccessBuilder Checking or Electronic Transfer Accounts. If requirements are not met the account reverts to appropriate Lighthouse Relationship Program level with no ATM refunds or higher dividend for that statement period; monthly service fees may apply. Minimum initial deposit is $25.
Credit union membership is available to everyone who lives, works or worships in San Diego and Riverside Counties. Refer to the credit union's How to Join Page for more details. An online application is available using the Andera service. Membership requires a minimum balance of $5 in the share savings account.
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 68377).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 07/22/10: 2.00% APY up to $25K (rate drops occurred earlier in 2010)
- 11/03/09: 2.50% APY up to $25K
- 08/06/09: 2.75% APY up to $25K
- 05/01/09: 3.00% APY up to $25K, 0.25% over
- 03/16/09: 3.56% APY up to $25K, 0.25% over