In May 2014, I wrote about USAlliance Federal Credit Union's (USAFCU) 35-month CD and 13-month CD Specials. The 35-month CD Special continues to offer its attractive 1.71% APY, but the 13-month CD Special is no longer available. In the past week, USAFCU introduced a new 25-month CD Special (1.26% APY). Like the 35-month CD Special, the 25-month CD Special requires a minimum $500 initial deposit, and there is no balance cap. These specials are listed at the credit union’s CD specials page as of 8/11/2014.
Other requirements for these two CD Specials are:
- New Member AND/OR New Money
The membership field for USAlliance Federal Credit Union is wide and varied, with residency, employment and charitable organization membership serving as qualifying criteria. UASFCU's online application disclosure page for membership and new accounts details the various membership routes.
The first option (charitable organizations) listed under "How Do You Qualify For Membership?," lists four charities that can be joined by anyone:
- Town of Rye Council of Community Service
- The Rye Arts Center
- The Billfish Foundation
Credit Union Overview
The USAlliance Federal Credit Union has an overall health grade of B+ at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 13.26% (above average) based on March 31, 2014 data. In the past year, USAFCU improved its Texas ratio by 33.49%, indicating strong improvement in balance sheet and financial strength. Please refer to our financial overview of USAlliance FCU for more details.
USAlliance Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1966 (NCUA Charter # 17587) as a credit union for IBM employees. From humble beginnings in the company's basement cafeteria, USAFCU has grown to over 60,000 world-wide members and with assets in excess of $855 million. USAFCU's 18 branches are located in a wide service area including Jersey City (NJ), NYC, Upstate NY (Westchester County) and the greater Boston area in Massachusetts.
How These CDs Compares
When compared to top nationally available CDs at Banks and Credit Unions tracked by DepositAccounts.com, USAlliance Federal Credit Union fares very well.
USAFCU 35-month CD Special:
- 1.75% APY 36-month CD Connexus CU ($10K minimum and active checking required)
- 1.71% APY 35-month CD USAlliance Federal Credit Union ($500 minimum)
- 1.66% APY 36-month CD Melrose Credit Union ($5K minimum)
- 1.45% APY 36-month CD State Farm Bank ($500 minimum)
USAFCU 25-month CD Special:
- 1.31% APY 24-month CD Pinnacle Federal Credit Union ($500 minimum)
- 1.26% APY 25-month CD USAlliance Federal Credit Union ($500 minimum)
- 1.25% APY 29-month CD Third Federal Savings and Loan (OH) ($500 minimum)
- 1.20% APY 24-month CD GE Capital Bank ($500 minimum)
These rates are accurate as of 8/11/2014.
To look for the best nationwide CD rates and the best CD rates in your state, please refer to our CD rates table.