You still can lock into a 5% CD. There are four 5% 60-month CDs that are still available as of 12/22/08 (see post). Is 5 years too long? I discussed this issue in this post.
It appears WTDirect has extended its $250 savings account bonus. It had been scheduled to end on 12/22/08, but it's now good through 12/31/08 (see post).
I recently did this post on two $150 checking account bonuses that are scheduled to end on 12/31/08.
For my full list of savings account and CD rates with links to reviews, please refer to my weekly rate summary. Rates are dropping FAST, so please check with the bank or credit union for the latest rates. If rates have gone down, please leave a comment in the post.
- Banking News & Resources: last 20
- FDIC Prepares for More Bank Failures (readers' comments)
- Fed Cuts Key Rate to Near Zero (readers' comments)
- GMAC's Problems & Lessons from Lehman Brothers (readers' comments
- 25th & 24th Bank Failures of 2008 (readers' comments)
- Brokerage CDs and IRAs (readers' comments)
- Latest FDIC & NCUA Coverage Changes (readers' comments)
- The End of an Era on Wall Street (readers' comments)
- New I Bond Rate of 5.64% (readers' comments)
- ACH Transfer Speeds of Online Banks (readers' comments)
- Nationwide Deals: last 20
- Up to $250 Bonus for WTDirect Savings (readers' comments)
- 4.15% 17-mo CD at Western FCU (readers' comments)
- EXPIRED: 4.40% 24-mo CD at MetLife Bank (readers' comments)
- 5% 60-mo CD at Chase & WaMu (readers' comments)
- EXPIRED: 4.26% 24-mo CD at FNBO Direct (readers' comments)
- 4.75% 3-yr CD at PenFed (readers' comments)
- EXPIRED: 4.5% 16-mo & 4% 8-mo CD (readers' comments)
- Hot Local Deals: by state
- 4% 9-mo CD in Minnesota and Missouri
- 4.15% 10-mo & 4.3% 15-mo CD in FL & GA
- 5% 60-mo CD in California
- EXPIRED: 4% 7-mo CD in Massachusetts
- 4.25% 18-mo CD in Kansas
- 5% 24-mo CD in Michigan
- 4.25% 14-mo & 4% 6-mo CD in Central Florida
- 4.50% 22-mo & 4% 11-mo CD in Indiana
- 4.30% 15-mo CD in Texas & Colorado
- 4.5% 12-mo CD in Houston
- Latest 25 posts
- Last 40 Checking Account Bonuses
- Money Market and CD Rate Table
- High Yield Reward Checking Website
If you want to leave a comment on these deals, please click the "readers' comments" link above. If you find a good bank deal or an interesting banking news story, please leave a comment in the finding the best deals post (red "Comment here" link on the right).