I'm happy to learn that this blog was recently mentioned in this Wall Street Journal article. Here's a list of news articles which have mentioned Bank Deals Blog over the last three years:
- USA Today: Savers can make some money by carefully stashing cash (Sep 2009)
- USA Today: Safe CDs, checking accounts for investors scared of stocks (Mar 2009)
- Wall Street Journal: Tempest-Tossed? Take Some Control (Mar 2009)
- Wall Street Journal: Better Yields Are Still Out There (Feb 2009)
- Money Magazine: Inside a financial planner's portfolio (Dec 2008)
- New York Times: Five Basics for Building a Solid Financial Future (May 2008)
- New York Times: Rate Chasers Are Online and Moving Cash Quickly (Oct 2007)
- Money Magazine: Four great ways to save (Mar 2006)
It's nice to see this blog receive some recognition. It's not only recognition of my hard work but also the work of many readers who have contributed by reporting on deals they've found and on experiences they've had with the banks.
For those new to this blog, here are a few useful posts to help you find your way around this blog:
- Index of my posts and other websites - Use this to start your CD or savings account search
- My weekly rate summary - rates for the best savings accounts and CDs updated every weekend
- Daily news & deals post - latest info from me and readers about bank rates and news. Comment here if you find a good deal or if you have general questions.
- Is an institution FDIC or NCUA insured? - Verifying if a website is associated with a federally insured financial institution
- Overview of this blog
Edit 9/15/09: Added new USA Today article to the list.