My technical partner and I have read through the comments from readers who expressed concern about our articles that were written by our other contributors instead of by me. First, we appreciate the honest and constructive feedback. We intend to spend more time to review what is posted to make sure there is no misleading or confusing information.
In this thread, I wanted to inform you why we publish these articles and what we plan to do to ensure the quality of the articles. Also, I wanted to let you know how you can help in this process.
1. The site does receive a fair number of (silent) visitors interested in some of the more basic content, so that's something we need to cover as well. We tend to cover this on the weekend when fewer deals are announced.
2. These articles can be rather time consuming for me to put together and having someone else cover this content frees up more of my time to deal with other items.
3. We looked at a lot of writers before going with Miranda. She does have extensive experience writing for finance sites.
4. We try to make sure everything is accurate but everyone makes mistakes. Please refrain from bashing and instead point out specific points that are inaccurate in as much detail as possible and we'll either correct them immediately or do a follow up post with more detailed information.
5. We'd love for members of the site to contribute occasional posts. One member sent in our first member submitted post last week on buying muni bonds on the secondary market. If any other regular members have some expertise on an area of banking they'd like to share, we're definitely open to the occasional member submitted post. One-time posts would be unpaid, but we could arrange payments for regular posters. We are not interested in guest posts from other sites at this time, just regular members of DepositAccounts.