Bank of Oklahoma Reviews

ATM Machine Lost Deposit & I Got The Run Around!!

Due to the size of my vehicle, I am forced to deposit my business checks into BOK's ATMs at their bank locations. The last time I went to deposit over a thousand dollars worth of checks; their ATM machine swallowed them up and got jammed. I immediately called customer service, who filed an ATM dispute and said he would have a supervisor call me. The next day, this supervisor called me and told me that the investigation into this matter could take as much as 45 days to resolve, but that I would be given temporary funds in the mean while. I told her that due to the business I am in, it would be very difficult to track down my customers if the checks got ruined by the ATM. She didn't even seem to care about my situation at all, but just asked if there was anything else she could do for me? Then I get this letter from BOK stating the same thing, only it gave me a number to call with a case number. I called them and went through the same thing with another lady who is an ATM analyst at BOK. She tells me that nothing could be done until the checks are collected at the end of the 30 day cycle by a third party service. They said it would be too expensive to send someone out to get MY checks out of the ATM machine. Then I mentioned that the ATM was jammed up and could not receive deposits at all now and asked if they are going to wait 30 days on this too? Well, this turned the whole matter around and she then decided to expedite the situation. After all, now, it wasn't just an unimportant customer with lost checks in their ATM. It was the fact that now the ATM wasn't getting money from anyone at all. Within a couple of hours, she called me back to tell me that the checks had been recovered and will be deposited into my account.

This tells me a great deal about how they value their customers and this customer is going to close up all my business accounts and move to another bank.

Thinking Of Opening An Account Think Again

Not are they charging their customers excessive fees they also want to charge excessive fees for checks written against one of their accounts. I was considering opening an account with them so I went to test out their customer service. It just wasn't there. I arrived to cash a check written against an account held there, a small check, $77.00 to be exact and they wanted to charge me over $6.00 just to cash it. The teller was very nonchalant when she asked "do you have an account with us?" and then "well do you have an account anywhere ? Because I will have to charge you 6.75 to cash this check.". Seriously! For a seventy-seven dollar check. She said "yes" wow! So I changed my mind about opening an account in that instant even though the branch in Tulsa hills is close to home and I actually pass it on my way to work. Even though I have to go out of my way when I have to actually go to my bank I will definitely stay with them. Sometimes what appears to be convenient is soured by what is inside or what you uncover.

Great Customer Service

BOK has great customer service and employees who will go way above and beyond to help you. Now that there's that federal regulation which makes banks unable to overdraft your account without your permission, that problem is solved. Although they will try to get you to waive that.

Online banking is easy, lots of convenient locations in grocery stores and free checking with a reasonable minimum balance.

Worst Bank Ever!!!!

What kind of business would close an account without notification after six years of loyalty? BOKF closed my account because it had a zero balance for too long. Wow!! I regret working for this company.

Beware Of This Establishment!

Been a BOK customer nearly 3 years. As of lately they have really picked up the pace on trying to find ways to charge excessive fees. It boils down to, if you ever had account with BoA and was not satisfied, this isn't the bank for you. They are acting just like them now. I've had a few ridiculous dealings with them in the past few months, and I've had enough. In the process of closing my account now.

Avoid If Possible

So, I had a check drawn on the Bank of Oklahoma for $100.00, a Christmas gift. They refused to cash the check because my middle name was written out on the check and my licence only has the middle initial on it. I called multiple branches, all of which refused to help me. I don't have a bank account and this kind of nonsense is the exact reason why. I go to a check cashing establishment where they are more than happy to cash the check for a $15.00 fee. I really want to know what kind of business they are running when they look for any excuse not to cash a check drawn on their bank. Pathetic!

Personal Loans

I had a personal loan with Bank of Oklahoma (on a truck). Loan was paid off in full, never a late payment, or returned payment. However, I cannot seem to get a lien release from them on my paid note, with out paying $ 10.00 to get it!

Don't Sign Up For The Overdraft Protection!!

Twice this has happened. I know I have some debits about to hit so I transfer money from one checking account to the other. The next day, the transfer is STILL PENDING, but magically all of my debits zipped on through, leaving me with hundreds of dollars of overdraft charges. You call customer service and they will graciously give you back ONE overdraft charge PER YEAR if you're nice to them. How nice of them to give you back $28.50 of your own money.

Worst Bank Ever!!

They continously make mistakes on my account!!! I've had enough of them and I am switching banks!

What Customer Service?

We have had an account for about two months at BOK. We have never been able to access our account on line, our cards won't work, the branch manager stood us up for a personal meeting, and the corporate office will not return our calls about this matter. We are leaving this bank--how does it expect to stay in business with such horrible, horrible customer service?

CD Only Available To Oklahoma Residents

Great rate (relatively speaking) on the 7 yr CD. After the first page of the application online, the application closed saying accounts can only be opened for residents of Oklahoma. Slightly saddened in NC.