The Golden 1 Credit Union Reviews

Hiring Wells Fargo Brass

Golden 1 used to be a great place to bank. But things have changed dramatically over the last 3 years. Golden 1 has been hiring former Wells Fargo management staff. Wells Fargo is one of the worst banks in the market and a formerly great Credit Union decided they wanted to be more like Welss Fargo. Trying to find a new Credit Union. A great place going down the tubes.

Bait And Switch

Golden 1 did a bait and switch on me. Their site advertised auto loan is 2.9%, after I applied. I had to called Customer Services and they told me the rate is 6.7%.

I know my credit are in good standing in the mid 700...

LOL

Golden One

Golden one isn't just a bank, it's my bank. Golden One has always be quick and efficient when working with them. The staff was helpful. I haven't noticed any hidden or recurring fees associated with my checking and savings account. And if for someone reason I couldn't sleep, well, I can use their online website (which has always been available) to check my balance and transactions. You'll get wonderful support from the group at Golden One. Feel free to talk about Golden One.

Nice Place For Locals

I first became a member of this credit union as a junior in college. What stood out was how intimate the employees are with their customers and how that smaller touch gave me a greater sense of connection to the banks. The only reason I closed my accounts was because I moved out of the area, but what I always remembered was the friendliness of being a person that was recognized at each branch because they took the time to make me feel valued. Those small touches make all the difference sometimes.

Uhhh What Bank?

Why do some of these reviews call Golden1 a bank? No wonder they have issues, they don't even know that their money is, or was, with a credit union! Night and day difference between banks. I've been happy. They have made huge improvements to the website and almost on par with banks like BofA. Mobile apps work great and on the occasions that I do need to deposit checks I do it with the mobile phone app. Take a picture and send it off and see your deposit the next day. Never have had to set foot, and can always quickly and easily access/handle my money online. If you are savvy enough with technology and competent enough to know where you are putting your money and the related fees that are clearly on their website, Golden1 is a great place to store/invest your money.

Happy With Golden 1

I've been with Golden 1 for a few years, and I have been very happy with the service, I love there online bill pay. I love the friendliness of there staff in every branch I've been in.

I've only had two issues with being a victim of fraud, but both times Golden 1 was on top of it, notifying me right away and freezing my account. They were very nice to me on the phone and were & quick to send me a brand new card in the mail and getting my money back to me. I am very pleased with this bank!

Real Customer Review

Gotta love the people who rated Golden1 "CREDIT UNION" and said how they didn't enjoy this "bank". If you are looking for an alternative to banks and looking into California credit unions, and you plan on staying in California, Golden 1 is a great choice. I haven't had to move, but even if I did, I would probably still stay with them. The service is always friendly. We did use with B of A and our local branch was also friendly (1-800 phone support however is horrible) we just chose to switch for many other reasons.

I won't rant about Golden1 safety in assets and security as you can do a web search yourself, but as a customer I will say that Golden1 recently came out with many long over due technology updates that I have overall been very please with.

They now have android apps and website tools that are a little more on par with for-profit-banks. The online tools are still new and being updated but work great! A few minor kinks in the overall user interface, but my bills get paid, I can use all the latest technology to keep watch on my account and it was no hassle signing up and getting my wife on the account. I would upgrade to a 5 star when they keep ironing out all their technological updates.

We use direct deposit and occasionally, golden1 mobile app, to deposit misc checks from home. Transferring money between checking and savings is easy as any major bank, and you can do it all online by yourself. We hardly go into our local branch, but as I mentioned, when we do, it's been a great experience. I'm usually in and out on my lunch break.

Friendly Banking

Golden 1 Credit Union is a great place to do your banking. Offering all the services of a regular bank, Golden 1 provides the additional benefits of lower interest rates and lower fees. They hire friendly tellers and financial officers. One of their policies is to release funds sooner on deposits made inside the bank rather than at the atm machine, promoting a friendly face to face atmosphere. This "get to know you" attitude they have is why I prefer to do my banking with Golden 1.