VantageSouth Bank Reviews

Pleased To Be A Crescent Customer

I have been a customer at Crescent State Bank for about a year and a half now.  Every visit I have had to the bank has been positive as the staff is friendly and helpful.  I also love the Rewards Checking.  I typically use my debit card for all of my purchses and my paycheck is direct deposit so meeting the requirements every month has been a breeze.  I tell everyone I know about my experience with Crescent, I just really cannot say enough about them.

External Transfers No Longer Available

I got this message from them today:

External transfers are no longer available through Crescent State Bank's online banking. If you would like to make an external transfer, please contact your local office and they will be glad to help you.

Thank you!

It looks like they just took out one of the services that I like about this bank, hence the lower rating.

Bad Security!

This bank opened an account in my name without my knowledge or consent.  They never checked identification didn't even get an ID or a signature card!  Then when the whole thing went bad they came after me for money.  The only information that matched me was the name but they eventually tracked me down.  What the? It is crazy that a bank could open accounts online and never verify who opened the account.  Isn't this a violation of the patriot act? Watch out!

Don't Use This Bank For Mortgage Financing!

We confided in Crescent State Banks services for refinancing our home. We gave them all of there requested documents for the loan minus my wife's green card that thy asked for. We explained that her green card had been stolen and that a police report had been filed the same day that it was stolen. The Mortgage Loan Officer  took our application along with a $400.00 check written out to Crescent State Bank for the appraisal fee and said that she would check into the green card to see if there was any other document they could use. The Mortgage Loan Officer told us she would forward our application and get back to us on the Green card status. Meanwhile Crescent State Bank ordered the appraisal on our house without making sure that the green card issue wasn't going to be a problem. After several inquiries as to the status of our application and one month later they told us that they cannot refinance our home unless we provide a copy of the green card and that the $400.00 we gave them in good faith was non-refundable. The bottom line is that Crescent State Bank should have made sure that the loan was approved before ordering the appraisal on our house. We had to pay $400.00 for Crescent State Banks Error's.

And lost $400.00 by using a bank that clearly has no business doing mortgages.

Weird Statement Cycle, Posting Delays, No Waivers

I second the post above. I did the last few debit transactions on 14th Monday during the business hours well before  3pm. And it was delayed for whatever reason... they blame the merchant. I dunno if the delay is on their side or if it's truly the merchant.

I ask'ed for a one time waiver but they won't give me the interest. The manager talked around very slick. All other banks & credit cards do give you a one time waiver at times.