Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Paying Taxes On Late Grandparents' Savings Bonds

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 - 9:31 AM
From Bankrate via Yahoo Finance:
There are generally two ways to report the interest on U.S. savings bonds: Annually on the owner's tax return or at maturity. When there is a change of ownership [as in the case of grandparents' death], the method of reporting can be changed.
Read more
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,474 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,405