Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Fidelity Has Made It Easier For Average Investors To Join

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 8:46 PM
Fidelity Investments has slashed the investment minimums on 22 of its mutual funds from $10,000 to $2,500, making it much easier for average investors to purchase these funds. Included in the list are Fidelity's Spartan index funds, which have rock-bottom expense ratios.

Fidelity makes it easier for average investors to join | Interest.com
ShorebreakShorebreak2,622 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,216
1. Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 11:40 AM
If Fidelity wants more investors to join them maybe they should think about raising their crappy low interest rates.  Giving 1.20% for a 5 year CD is a bit ridiculous!  Then they have the nerve to ask why we don't consolidate everything with just their brokerage.  CIT Bank is giving 1.20% for just a 2 year CD but one sure can't get that with Fidelity at this time.  Just to be fair, Vanguard is in the pits also so I think they are loping quite a chunk off for those commissions they insist they don't charge for CDs we buy.  That's a joke!
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011
2. Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 8:12 PM
I had no idea their minimum was $10k.

In fact, I just got an alert from them telling me about 65 commission free i shares available.

[H3]Commission-Free iShares for Individual Investors Offer Expanded[/H3]  

Fidelity is committed to continually enhancing both its ETF commission-free lineup and providing investors with leading ETF research and tools to help them make informed investment decisions. Fidelity is increasing the number of iShares® ETFs that can be traded commission-free on Fidelity.com from 30 to 65. The new list includes all 10 iShares Core ETFs as well as a diverse selection of international, domestic, and specialized equity; fixed income; and commodities. To see the full list of 65 commission-free ETFs available and the conditions that apply, visit: Fidelity.com/etfvalue. Customers can also access more than 1,100 other ETFs on Fidelity.com for a commission of only $7.95 per trade.
RJMRJM72 posts since
Jan 21, 2011
Rep Points: 404