Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Five Financial 'Hot Points' From Wealthy Americans

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:37 PM
It’s not exactly a secret that the wealthy look at money differently than Main Street consumers do.  In saving, investing and wealth accumulation, the concerns of the millionaire set reveal confidence — to a point.

http://www.bankingmyway.com/home/5-financial-hot-points-from-wealthy-americans
ShorebreakShorebreak2,620 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,202
1. Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:47 PM
Some could interpret this enthusiasm for stocks as a contrarian indicator. I noticed Mila Kunis is now buying stocks - that tells me it might be time to sell.
loulou544 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,397
2. Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 7:49 PM
I learned the lesson that general investor (rich or poor) will not get rich (or richer) fast by investing in stocks.  It is those professionals (or who hire professionals) that earn money in short term from stocks.  Some pay dearly on hedge funds expenses.

For us "small investors without the professional skills", invest in those mutual funds/ETFs with long term stability and make sure we do asset allocation and fund diversification.

Oh, stay away from noise from the Wall Street analysts, et. al.  The noise is detrimental to one's financial health. 

So, is it a good time to invest stocks or even mid cap stocks?  Any time is a good time if one is prudent and has a strategy.  And any time is a good time to bail if one's strategy says so.
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426