Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Detoxify Your Finance

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 12:05 PM
From Bankrate.com:

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/s...-you-1.asp

This is a normal and proper way to handle one's finance.  But:

1. I do not have a budget since we spend only what is necessary and appropriate.  I would like to spend when I see fit, and not constrained by budgeting.

2. I do not set auto billpay since I do not have a sense of control and trust with that tool. 

3. I do not have anybody for my financial matters and planning since I think that I am smart enough to do that for myself; and only I care the most about my finance (and can do all these for free).

4. I use credit cards for holidays, too; for the sole purpose of accumulating cash rewards.  I do not have the habit of over-spending in holidays, either.
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426
1. Monday, April 15, 2013 - 4:30 PM
These suggestions and pieces of advice may be good for the average consumer, but most on here might agree with you 51hh and do their own thing as they feel they're in control of their finances.
darkdreamer4udarkdreamer4u174 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 632
2. Monday, April 15, 2013 - 5:24 PM
A little hint to the financially wise:  Would we really be scouting this forum and any others like it daily if we wanted or felt we needed others to handle our finances for us?? If you have been around here for a bit of time, you would notice we have a "clan" of the same members daily reading and posting.  We learn from each other and we try to help each other.  What we have on DepositsOnline is something we can't buy from a professional financial advisor.  Honesty  because they are not trying to make a living off of us.  I don't mean to say all professional advisors are dishonest and many don't even consider what they are selling is not always in the best interest of the customer.  However, they have to make a living for their families so they have more reason to sway someone in the direction of making more profits for themselves than those who post here and just share their findings good and bad with us. 
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011