Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Dow Has Its First Close Above 15,000 Points

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 6:49 PM
NEW YORK (AP) — The Dow Jones industrial average is punching through another milestone: its first close above 15,000.

The Dow rose 87 points to 15,056 points Tuesday, a gain of 0.6 percent.

It was another milestone in the market's epic ascent in 2013. Good economic reports, higher corporate profits and support from central banks have eased investors' concerns that another economic slowdown could upend the market.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Dow-has-its-first-close-above-15-000-points-4496069.php
ShorebreakShorebreak2,686 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,549
1. Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 7:04 PM
In order to keep this rally going I seriously doubt that the Federal Reserve will take any action to raise interest rates into the next decade under Fed Chairman Bernanke, or his obvious replacement Janice Yellen. Get used to it. There will be no rise in rates for the forseeable future or longer.
"People are concerned they're missing the boat if they're not fully invested in the stock market right now," said Eric Kuby, chief investment officer of North Star Investment Management Corp., in Chicago.

ShorebreakShorebreak2,686 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,549
2. Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 9:04 PM
It is still an up-down market; just that recently several "good news" were lumped together consecutively.

I personally do not think that the low-interest-rate environment alone will keep the bull market going.  Any negative news will stop the rally for the short term and get it return to norm. 

I would not put too much faith into this market high.  But nobody knows when the downturn would occur this time and what will trigger that.
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,427