Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Feds To The (So Called) Saver

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 6:45 PM
Dear Readers,

There is thread below that describes how the EU might make the rate negative.

http://www.depositaccounts.com/forum/thread/13647-europe-could-drop-interest-rate-below-zero-on-excess-bank-deposits.html

... So here is something fictional!  ...   FEDs to the (so called) Saver  (On line of Dirty Harry):

... We know what you're thinking. "Did the FED make rate NEGATIVE or only ZERO?"

Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement we kind of lost track ourselves.

But being as this is US FED, the most powerful central bank in the world, and would blow your savings clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

:-)  :-) :-)

Yours Truly,
- Anon
ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
Rep Points: 197
1. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 3:34 AM
Ben Bernanke is no Clint Eastwood. I have an idea: let's replace Bernanke with Clint Eastwood. I will take Dirty Harry's street smarts over Bernanke's Ivy League credentials.
loulou552 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,431
2. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 6:52 AM

There ... You have it ... The replacement of Dr Bernanke.

After Mayor Eastwood's off the screen performance at the GOP convention talking to an empty chair, surely I'll like to call him the "Chair-Man".   Aftter he sits in it (with his smarts), I guess it will be as empty as before!  :-)

So ....... Go Ahead Get Him Nominated ...  "Ease" my day !!!  :-)

ytytytytytytytyt158 posts since
Jan 28, 2013
Rep Points: 623
3. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 8:30 AM

BTW, after watching the small time loser at the business end of the Magnum in Dirty Harry, I could visualize a sore loser punk saver cowering at the business end of the QE !! :-)

ytytytytytytytyt158 posts since
Jan 28, 2013
Rep Points: 623