Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Questions/Other

FNB Orrville Sells Fairlawn Branch To PB&T + Other Accounts?

Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 7:24 PMFirst National Bank (Orrville, OH) - Details
Got a notice from FNB Orrville that Premier Bank & Trust bought their Fairlawn office.  I'm confused, because the notice goes on to say that as of June 15, 2013 "your deposit and/or loan account(s) will become part of PB&T."  It goes on to detail a whole reassignment, including deactivating and reissuing debit cards, account #s, etc. 

Having had an online acct for 2 years and never dealing with their Fairlawn office, I can only assume they decided to also sell certain accounts in the deal - rca? out-of-state?  Or maybe because while deciding whether to keep using this rca, I reduced the account to minimal last month at the start of the new statement cycle 4/15?  The notice is dated 4/29, but was sent/postmarked 5/15 - the first day of the next statement cycle. However, I see the press announcement was made back on 2/26/13: http://www.discoverfirstnational.com/custom/fi/fnborrville/fb/disclosure/Fairlawn-Branch.pdf

PB&T doesn't have rca, so this one looks gone.  The notice says PB&T will be sending a "Welcome Packet" and "communication regarding the conversion and new account information." I'll call Monday for clarification, but wondered if anyone else got the notice.  
ekatekat74 posts since
Jan 22, 2010
Rep Points: 238
1. Monday, May 20, 2013 - 12:35 PM
I received the same notice in the mail. I called FNB and was told by a CSR that all RCA accounts that were initiated online are being moved to  PB&T along with the Fairlawn branch. The CSR said that all FNB accounts wll be "grandfathered" at PB&T and that the same interest rates will apply to the new PB&T accounts.

This sounds much like a variation of the Danversbank to People's United switchover. I suspect that PB&T will slowly lower interest rates and/or caps until they ultimately close down the RCA accounts altogether.

Ken, I suggest that you move this thread to the Reward Checking group of threads.
dunkerdunker135 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 403
2. Monday, May 20, 2013 - 1:28 PM
Thanks, "dunker". Glad I checked here before calling; saved me time dealing with it. Guess minimizing my account was coincidentally good timing. May as well just close this account now to try avoiding the extra paperwork.  Although when WTDirect was taken by M&T, and I closed out, M&T still set up a new account and sent statements and notices awhile despite my notification to them.  Some sure want ya, some sure don't.
ekatekat74 posts since
Jan 22, 2010
Rep Points: 238
3. Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 9:24 PM
New Disclosure at Premier Bank & Trust:

To log on to the Premier Bank to see your funds, you must accept the terms of an 18-page legal Disclosure.   

This disclosure refers to a 'Fee Schedule' which was not provided.

Bill Pay:  There are no enrollment fees "at this time". 

page 16 "if there has not been any Internet Banking or bill payment activity for a period of 3 consecutive months, accessibility may or may not be terminated."

p. 17 "If there is a conflict between what the employees of this financial institution and/or its Service Providers say and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will prevail."  In other words, do not trust verbal statements from bank employees.

p. 17:  all rights to trial by jury are waived in case of litigation
waywardwayward49 posts since
Feb 17, 2011
Rep Points: 143