Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Giving Up Coffee To Balance The Books: How Many Lattes To Financial Freedom?

Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 6:50 PM
"A colleague of mine once told me that America is a place where the luxuries are cheap but the necessities expensive. A cell phone is affordable. What's killing people is housing and childcare and medical expenses."

Giving up coffee to balance the books: how many lattes to financial freedom? | Money | theguardian.com
ShorebreakShorebreak2,607 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,127
1. Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 7:54 PM
Thanks for the article, SB.

I wish that we could go back to the old days that there are no frequent financial news, no irrelevant research, no puzzling commentaries, no confusing discussions, no confilcting statistics, no non-sense write-ups, no predictions of market crash, no predictions of market bull, no....

Imagine...:D
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426
2. Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 6:33 AM
Re: 51hh @ 1. Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 7:54 PM

Next time you are at a public library or a book store (if there is one still around) take a gander at the massive amount of books offering financial advice on the shelves. There is a ton of money involved in offering advice to people regarding their finances. With the technology we have available today this situation has become even more intense. Instant availability of advice, data, commentaries, discussions, etc. is only a click away. Good or bad, it's there. Whether one follows it, or allows it to enter the decision process, is another matter.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,607 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,127
3. Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 5:02 PM
If I was on my last dollar, I would not give up my coffee.
loulou543 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,394