Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Financial News

The Insiders: Bad News Is Good News For The Obama Economy

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 6:55 AM
The Obama administration is stuck in a surreal world, where bad news is good news for the economy it has created. Trickle down from the stock market and artificially low interest rates are the only drivers of the economy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/08/26/the-insiders-bad-news-is-good-news-for-the-obama-economy/?hpid=z3
ShorebreakShorebreak2,372 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,661
1. Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 8:45 AM
Not to be disrespectful but I  like news articles, not opinion pieces. Like my late husband used to say, "Opinions are like

-------- everyone has one. Just give me the facts and let me make my own choices and decisions."
AllyAlly779 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,268
2. Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 10:36 AM
It might seem counter-intuitive to think lousy economic news could cause cheers on trading floors and stocks to rally. But that's been the winning trade for a few years. The reason: The lousier the incoming data, the longer the Federal Reserve keeps its market-friendly stimulus policies in place.

The message is clear. If you want the stock market to go up, just print money. All the other stuff like GDP, employment and confidence isn't really relevant.

Good News is Bad News for the Stock Market
ShorebreakShorebreak2,372 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,661