Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

ID Theft Prevention For Teens

Monday, September 9, 2013 - 12:48 PM
From Bankrate.com:

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/p...heft-1.asp

Some basic reminder; especially with all the social networking the young generation is involved with. 

More seriously, I am truly worried that all our financial arena is built upon internet technology.  There are known and unknown vulnerabilites with the internet (or cyber) technology.  Some of these vulnerabilites may cause disastrous consequences that ruin our lives.  And there is nothing we can do to prepare for it. 

Maybe I am too pessimistic and paranoid... let me put it this way: Would you trust all your hard-earned money to a robot like the computer?
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426
1. Monday, September 9, 2013 - 1:13 PM
They can automate all they want but when it comes to my money, I refuse to just have a machine to deal with.  I will always make paper copies of everything financial no matter how automatic the banking industry becomes.  How many times have I called and had to wait because "their computers were down or real slow this morning".  What happens if a hacker trashes the banking system one day and their computers can't find our accounts?  Paper is the answer!
paoli2paoli21,367 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,993