Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

What Will You Do With Your Inheritance?

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:01 AM
One in four Americans between 18 and 59 years of age expect to receive an inheritance sometime during their lives, according to a new Interest.com survey, and they're planning to collect a substantial amount.

What will you do with your inheritance? | Interest.com
ShorebreakShorebreak2,615 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,182
1. Monday, September 16, 2013 - 10:13 AM
I think that Poll is not facing reality.  Even if parents want to leave an inheritance to their adult child or children, the way our economy is depressed, who knows what is going to happen to any money by the time they die.  They may end up having to use it to support their kid/kids now with the job market in such a turmoil.  The truth will hit the fan when the next President takes over and realizes we are in a Great Depression with high inflation tagged onto it.  You can't have both??  If you think not, you are sleeping through what is happening in our country right now.  They can hardly find anyone who wants to really be FED chairman, do we really think any one who is watching what is happening wants to take over our country as President?  Well, maybe Michelle Bachman, Palin, or Hillary but other than that, who will want to run a country already ran into the ground?   We are already fast becoming a Welfare State and using money we don't have to help "other" nations who dislike us!  The writing is on the Wall but everyone but just a few are still sleeping through it all.  They must be giving out free Ambian.
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011
2. Monday, September 16, 2013 - 3:44 PM
Did not know the Yellon had taken her name off the list. When? Must have missed it. Thought Summers was the only one.
Ally6770Ally6770912 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,655
3. Monday, September 16, 2013 - 4:09 PM
Ally, you may have misunderstood my post.  I was referring to future Presidents not FED Chairman.  From what I know Yellen is still on the list and has not refused.  I doubt if she will refuse if it is actually offered to her.  She seems to be the only one left on the short list.  She is not the favorite with Savers it seems but at this point we have little to expect in help from whoever gets it.
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011