Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Politics Out Of Control

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 - 2:07 PM

If one needs to look at the problems with this country it doesn’t take much to see that the politicians are the ones ruining this country. Their constant bickering and pointing fingers at each other are becoming a daily routine. Obama and the Democrats are calling it a Republican shutdown for not funding the AHC. The Republicans state if the Democrats only agreed to some concessions there would be no shutdown.

I really do not know who or what to believe. From what I heard there was funding for Obamacare in the last bill provided to the senate with two main concession requirements:

1)    All congressional employees would have to go under Obamacare.
2)    The one year waiver given to businesses to delay with no fine would also extend to individuals.

Can anyone confirm this?  If this is accurate, I do not see a problem with either. In fact, item 1 should have been included from the start.

Government entitlement has gotten way out of control. The average politician makes $175,000 salary. Sure close the museums and national parks during the shutdown that belong to the American people but don’t touch my $175,000 salary. If there was a law on the books that the first thing to go during a shutdown would be all the politicians’ salary and perks you can bet there would never be a shutdown.  They do not have any concern for the American people only themselves. Kudos to the World War two vets that crashed through the barricades at the World War two memorial today.

The politicians seem to forget who works for who. The American people pay their salary and I want accountability to hit their wallet just like any other American worker.

FARFAR108 posts since
Feb 26, 2013
Rep Points: 386
1. Tuesday, October 1, 2013 - 3:17 PM
FAR:  I agree with you totally.  The Inmates are Running the Asylum!  I am so angry with both parties.  They are acting like children instead of adults who know how to run their country.  I would love to dump them ALL out for this latest transgression and just hire knowledgeable people who would be willing to actually work for their salary.  This "blame game" is pathetic!  They are both to blame!  If they allow this shutdown to last much longer, they are all looking to get voted OUT soon as we can get our chance.
paoli2paoli21,400 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,132